Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 09:23 AM

The Weather

Nothing like bringing up the topic about the weather. I mean, you got to admit, the weather is an escape valve, an initiator of a conversation. Plus, the weather is ever changing, destructive, scary and never boring these days.

I mean, I remember when I was a kid, I looked forward to a bit of rain. It was like taking a brief shower and then of course, the after puddles that I could splash in. These days, though, when it rains, it pours. Its a havoc of biblical proportions and the problem is, Noah with his damn Ark is nowhere to be found.

So yeah, whats the weather like in your part of the world ? Come on don't be shy, I mean all of us here seem to have gone to the local weather class. Talking about the weather is basically second nature. Do give us a heads up on things just in case we need and umbrella.

Just in case your curious. Here in the sunny state of Florida, partiicularly Miami, its quite sunny, early moning temperature is about 65 degrees, mid afternoon it will shoot up to about 81 degrees.

So, whats the weather like in your part of the world ? Its an easy subject. Share with us and by all means, do tell, do tell. Just in case we need an umbrella. And of course, if our minds go blank, its a healthy excuse to talk about something...
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 09:28 AM

Re: The Weather

It's cold, dark and miserable at the moment, just sat waiting for some sunshine to come out..
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It's cold, dark and miserable at the moment, just sat waiting for some sunshine to come out..
Dark, cold and miserable. So basically it just sucks. Time to put on the oldies 60's song... There's the sunshine ..

Easy topic, right ? You did not need to over analyze your situation. It came quickly, plus you were first with your answer and quite informative I might add. You deserve a star, I might add...
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 10:00 AM

I too have a slight fixation about the weather. For example, a couple of times each day I look via the BBC weather (on-line) to compare temps etc, with my town and that of our daughter in Cyprus, ugh, unbelievable.

Then I look at a website www.rain-alarm.com which starts off on the USofA until you enter your home town/city and lock that in, or you allow it to access your location, either way, once in, you are treated to radar stills of rain. These still usually are over a two hour period at half hourly periods, so you can see any approaching rain and estimate when it will affect you. Desitity of rain is shown by colour code.

Because there is little or no rain over the uk at the moment, thought I'd take a look in the States.

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 10:14 AM

The weather here is mostly good. Thereīs great excitement when it does rain, we rarely see rain these days. Summer temperatures tend to get rather extreme, July and August often going well over 40C which keeps us indoors where itīs cool.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 10:23 AM

It is misty, cold and miserable here this morning.

But hey it is not raining so that is a bonus. Mind you when I go out I go prepared for everything, been carrying my umbrella and gloves in my bag since October last year.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Nothing like bringing up the topic about the weather. I mean, you got to admit, the weather is an escape valve, an initiator of a conversation. Plus, the weather is ever changing, destructive, scary and never boring these days.

I mean, I remember when I was a kid, I looked forward to a bit of rain. It was like taking a brief shower and then of course, the after puddles that I could splash in. These days, though, when it rains, it pours. Its a havoc of biblical proportions and the problem is, Noah with his damn Ark is nowhere to be found.

So yeah, whats the weather like in your part of the world ? Come on don't be shy, I mean all of us here seem to have gone to the local weather class. Talking about the weather is basically second nature. Do give us a heads up on things just in case we need and umbrella.

Just in case your curious. Here in the sunny state of Florida, partiicularly Miami, its quite sunny, early moning temperature is about 65 degrees, mid afternoon it will shoot up to about 81 degrees.

So, whats the weather like in your part of the world ? Its an easy subject. Share with us and by all means, do tell, do tell. Just in case we need an umbrella. And of course, if our minds go blank, its a healthy excuse to talk about something...
Its very easy to go off folks you know.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

23-03-2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by islandman ->
I too have a slight fixation about the weather. For example, a couple of times each day I look via the BBC weather (on-line) to compare temps etc, with my town and that of our daughter in Cyprus, ugh, unbelievable.

Then I look at a website www.rain-alarm.com which starts off on the USofA until you enter your home town/city and lock that in, or you allow it to access your location, either way, once in, you are treated to radar stills of rain. These still usually are over a two hour period at half hourly periods, so you can see any approaching rain and estimate when it will affect you. Desitity of rain is shown by colour code.

Because there is little or no rain over the uk at the moment, thought I'd take a look in the States.

There weather is serious business. We have in America what we call.. Storm Chasers.. These are weather geeks who actually think they are going to war with the weather. They have a specialy designed armored car build with all kinds of weather devices. They seek out tornadoes and park in the middle of them to obtain, what they call, crucial information.,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-23-04-53-25-1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	530  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 10:55 AM

It's cloudy here but mild, lovely spring flowers and lambs around me!
This weekend ingoing to be horrible which is shame because Glastonbury is holding a Medieval Fayre!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 11:02 AM

Spring is supposed to advance Northwards at 4 minutes a day here in the UK, well its late as we are still in single figure temperatures up here where i live. Very little flowers or trees in bud. El Nino is getting the blame. So its been mainly indoor activities for me, off to see a folio by Shakespear today so im benefiting culturally, but still in my winter woolys.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top