Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 12:48 PM

how much would you miss it??????

Last Tuesday at about 4pm I lost my Internet connection I also lost my Phone line.....No worries happened before for a couple of hours(once)

At about 8pm with the same situation got my Mobile and phoned up the help line told be reconected in 4 hours.

Next morning(wenesday) the same told reconected in 2 hours.

Nothing happened (wenseday)

Nothing happened (thursday) except I find the whole of the neighbourhood have no phones, seems a couple of Pikies(racist slur intended) have nicked a hundred feet of the main phone cable cutting off 5000 homes, worth £5000.

Because of lose of internet am going round the house at 8 at night dusting(tv crap at time)

Friday woke to find the same went to the allotment for a couple of hours on my return joy upon joy am reconnected.

Never ever relised how much I depend on the internet to keep myself sane.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Re: how much would you miss it??????

I think I'd go mad if I didn't have the internet for a few days like that

Glad it's all sorted now tho!

Which bit did you miss the most Galty?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 01:04 PM

This cable stealing and roof-lead stealing is getting ridiculous.
Very dangerous in some cases (rail signals etc) and just so bliddy antisocial in others eg, nicking lead off the church hall roof - so all the charitable activities are b*gg*r*d
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 10:32 PM

I feel your pain, to quote Mr. Clinton. I about went mad when our power was off from afternoon till after 8 pm a while back.And not only no Internet, couldn't cook a proper dinner or even boil water for tea! Bah!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 10:53 PM

Thats a disgrace galty, I'm sorry to hear you were literally cut off, and glad you're back on.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 09:08 AM

That was awful - it would be like having your right (or left) arm cut off!

Glad to hear it is all up and running again. It's a true saying that we don't miss the water until the well runs dry!!

What did we do before the net and the phones!!
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 10:47 AM

When my pc went to the menders for awhile the house has never been so clean, I was told to get a life, I have one but it was being fixed. Before the net? What was that like.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Glad it's all sorted now tho!

Which bit did you miss the most Galty?

All of it

There are 5 forums I look at about 3 or 4 times a day(this is one)

One blogger from a little town in America.

IMDb to see the birthdays and bio of the "stars"

The trial of the day from the Old Baily

But the most important thing was not being able to play Poker.

Every Tuesday I play in a poker league... best of seven legs getting points for where you finish, missing even one means you cant be the overall winner unless you are placed in the other 6

The prize for winning was 1% of Neil Channing winnings in the WSOP, If he wins it thats 1% of $8million.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top