Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 06:34 AM

Self Lacing Trainers

Hi

Remember them in Back to the Future?

They are here now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35831789

Personally I cannot see the point of them, but you can guarantee my son will have them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 09:50 AM

Re: Self Lacing Trainers

Nike has achieved the effect for real by using small electric motors to adjust the laces.
These are activated when the user's heel touches a sensor.
Two buttons on the side allow the wearer to tighten or loosen the fit. A glowing component built into the sole acts as a wireless charging point, while LEDs on the back indicate how much charge remains.
Attendees at the company's Innovation Summit in New York were able to try on functioning prototypes.
The firm said the final product should need to be recharged about once a fortnight.
In time, Nike added, it intends to develop the idea further.
Mmmm I would say a waste of brain power and technology (unless they are intended for the disabled and it doesn't mention that) just so people don't need to do up their own laces.

The could just have 'nanna shoes' with velcro
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

You could be onto something there, Meg.

I can see it now, playing fields, badminton and tennis courts up and down the country packed with kids wearing the latest Nana trainers.

They'd probably appeal to skateboarders and street dancers, strutting their stuff on every town and city highdtreet in the nation.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:01 AM

Hopefully this technology will be adapted for other uses, perhaps medical procedures that need to be tightened gradually like bone straightening etc.
It's clever, lots of things develop from the gimmicky things they start off from.
When you think about it every single man made object was designed by someone.
Creative people are awesome.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You could be onto something there, Meg.

I can see it now, playing fields, badminton and tennis courts up and down the country packed with kids wearing the latest Nana trainers.

They'd probably appeal to skateboarders and street dancers, strutting their stuff on every town and city highdtreet in the nation.
The latter probably. I would guess my son's school friend may have had a hand in their development.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 11:16 AM

Not for me, tying my shoes is the only real exercise I get.

I have suggested that a zip would be a great way to seal a wound after surgery, stick a zip where you want to cut, unzip perform the op then zip up after.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Not for me, tying my shoes is the only real exercise I get.

I have suggested that a zip would be a great way to seal a wound after surgery, stick a zip where you want to cut, unzip perform the op then zip up after.
Hi

Like this one?

https://ryortho.com/2014/09/zippers-...-this-is-cool/
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Mmmm I would say a waste of brain power and technology (unless they are intended for the disabled and it doesn't mention that) just so people don't need to do up their own laces.

I like velco, can't find a pair of trainers with it though.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Like this one?

https://ryortho.com/2014/09/zippers-...-this-is-cool/
That is a really brilliant invention.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

18-03-2016, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I like velco, can't find a pair of trainers with it though.

I got some walking shoes with velcro which are very much like trainers years ago Tiff, they are still going strong.
If you Google walking shoes/trainers velcro fastening there are lots...
example..

http://www.jennywrenfootwear.co.uk/l...g-trainers-c68
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 12:53 PM

I got some walking shoes with velcro which are very much like trainers years ago Tiff, they are still going strong.
If you Google walking shoes/trainers velcro fastening there are lots...
example..

http://www.jennywrenfootwear.co.uk/l...g-trainers-c68
Thank you for the link, but I need to try them on, so not keen on buying from the net or mail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top