Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 06:09 PM

Shooting video with a DSLR camera( tip)

Got it sussed at last.

Some time ago I noticed the focus made a clicking sound when panning with a camera in video mode . In my case a Nikon D800. Well I have had another go to see what I can do to prevent it and found the answer. Put the camera in AF mode and the lens in M mode. Simples. The video below was with the D800 and a 24-70mm Nikon f.2.8 lens. No focus clicking but stll in same mm focus as I pan around my garden. Did not even need an extrnl mike , this was with the built in one on the camera. Needless to say having found the answer i shall be using the video side of the camera more. Whilst having a little play I do have Adobe Photoshop Elements11. Again having a little play with it I found it was very easy to alter the brightness /contrast etc within the program. I had (not in this video) One bit very light and the other normal , by finding somewhere in the middle of the video it was easy to get a more even light across the whole movie. So in my opinion it is one bit of editing kit as a must have. below taken hand held

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 08:54 PM

Re: Shooting video with a DSLR camera( tip)

Don't get any clicking sound on my Canon.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 10:18 PM

Just a boooom
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 10:30 PM

Nice vid. Took me ages to work out how to do it on my Nikon, which button to press! I take my instructions out with me when trying the camera but I still can't get the hang of it. To think flying a plane is easier than sussing out a DSLR camera!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top