Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 05:08 AM

Cliff Mitchelmore.

Just heard that he has passed away, As a broadcaster he had an interesting and long career, and i remember him from the Tonight program as a child.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 08:01 AM

Re: Cliff Mitchelmore.

Yes i remember watching tonight and all the interesting stories he presented. He was 96 yrs which is a good age. Rip+ Cliff
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 08:46 AM

Remember him as a reporter on t.v.He had distinctive voice.R.I.P.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 09:53 AM

I lovely man Cliff with an informal and benign style of presenting

Who could forget that stalwart of Sunday lunch time radio served up with badly cooked vegetables 'Two Way Family Favourites' with Cliff and Jean Metcalfe bringing messages from home to the lads abroad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 10:29 AM

I remember him, too Nom.
RIP.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Who could forget that stalwart of Sunday lunch time radio served up with badly cooked vegetables 'Two Way Family Favourites' with Cliff and Jean Metcalfe bringing messages from home to the lads abroad.
Meg, That is my memory of him too! Sunday lunchtime, radio on and the smell of the roast beef and vegetables cooking! What followed their show... Was it Billy Cotton...Wakey Wakey?!!
He was a good age!
RIP Cliff.....Thank You for the music..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, That is my memory of him too! Sunday lunchtime, radio on and the smell of the roast beef and vegetables cooking! What followed their show... Was it Billy Cotton...Wakey Wakey?!!
He was a good age!
RIP Cliff.....Thank You for the music..
'Round the Horn' at one stage I think Art
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 10:47 AM

'Round the Horn' at one stage I think Art

Do you remember 'Family Favourites'? I used to wonder what all those BFPO numbers meant.

(sorry Nom, off topic).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

17-03-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you remember 'Family Favourites'? I used to wonder what all those BFPO numbers meant.

(sorry Nom, off topic).
as posted above Mups did you find out, it was for British Forces Posted Overseas.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2016, 11:57 AM

RIP Cliff ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top