Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:30 PM

Do You Have Any Unusual Household Cleaning Habits?

As I hoovered my cutlery drawer and bread maker today, I wondered if anyone else has unusual places they clean or vacuum? Or, obscure cleaning habits?
It's easier to clean out the bits and crumbs in my cutlery drawer and the crumbs in my bread maker with my Dyson!
Have a good think and let me know!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:37 PM

Re: Do You Have Any Unusual Household Cleaning Habits?

That's an odd one Art
I clean the taps with a toothbrush but doesn't everyone

I tape a duster to a bamboo cane to dust the skirting board and Chloe thinks it is an animal and tries to catch it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's an odd one Art
I clean the taps with a toothbrush but doesn't everyone

I tape a duster to a bamboo cane to dust the skirting board and Chloe thinks it is an animal and tries to catch it

Meg, You should know me by now!
See, even you have come up with some unusual ones, l don't use a toothbrush for the taps! I will now!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:43 PM

I waft a damp cloth at cobwebs on the ceiling or places i can't normally reach. ( My mother use to do this )
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:44 PM

I clean lots of things with toothpaste, it's a good scourer!
Even cleaned my headlights with it!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:48 PM

I also clean the taps with a toothbrush.... and polish then with a tissue after
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 08:19 PM

I wouldn't say that I have any odd cleaning habits. My problem is the selectivity with which I consider worthy of effort. I dry off every chrome tap immediately after use with my towel, so I need no chemicals at all because kalk never has a chance to take hold. But I avoid dusting like it were deadly! So I've got the shiniest chrome in the whole country but you need Wellingtons to get from the front door to the living room. Of course, my lovely wife is mad about dusting so you won't need your Wellies when you come to visit.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I clean lots of things with toothpaste, it's a good scourer!
Even cleaned my headlights with it!
Aaah but Tess, what about your pearly whites?

Also toothpaste is a good thing to use if you want a bit of sticker for something. I knew someone who had been in the nick - he said they used toothpaste to stick their mirrors on the wall.

Art, you hoover your cutlery drawer and bread maker with your Dyson? Eeeeeew, hope you've got a special attachment that hasn't been anywhere yuK

I was in Tesco today and there was a bloke who was hoovering the under part of the conveyor belt. The rubber had been taken off so it was just the underneath part we don't normally see. It was absolutely thick with dust.

I use a toothbrush for cleaning the taps too.

Edited
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 09:18 PM

I hoover out the fridge and the cooker
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I hoover out the fridge and the cooker
I have never seen any dust in my fridge or oven...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top