Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Letter to Trump

Your thoughts...?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC8W4LkNrEe/

Sorry I can't copy and paste the text. If anyone can that would be marvellous.

An Open Letter to Donald Trump:
Mr. Trump,
I try my hardest not to be political. I’ve refused to interview several of your fellow candidates. I didn’t want to risk any personal goodwill by appearing to take sides in a contentious election. I thought: ‘Maybe the timing is not right.’ But I realize now that there is no correct time to oppose violence and prejudice. The time is always now. Because along with millions of Americans, I’ve come to realize that opposing you is no longer a political decision. It is a moral one.
I’ve watched you retweet racist images. I’ve watched you retweet racist lies. I’ve watched you take 48 hours to disavow white supremacy. I’ve watched you joyfully encourage violence, and promise to ‘pay the legal fees’ of those who commit violence on your behalf. I’ve watched you advocate the use of torture and the murder of terrorists’ families. I’ve watched you gleefully tell stories of executing Muslims with bullets dipped in pig blood. I’ve watched you compare refugees to ‘snakes,’ and claim that ‘Islam hates us.’
I am a journalist, Mr. Trump. And over the last two years I have conducted extensive interviews with hundreds of Muslims, chosen at random, on the streets of Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan. I’ve also interviewed hundreds of Syrian and Iraqi refugees across seven different countries. And I can confirm— the hateful one is you.
Those of us who have been paying attention will not allow you to rebrand yourself. You are not a ‘unifier.’ You are not ‘presidential.’ You are not a ‘victim’ of the very anger that you’ve joyfully enflamed for months. You are a man who has encouraged prejudice and violence in the pursuit of personal power. And though your words will no doubt change over the next few months, you will always remain who you are.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 01:42 PM

Re: Letter to Trump

Can't better it!!! - a wordy way of saying p*ss off!!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 02:27 PM

I heard on the Radio that the 'Anonymous' Group have declared war on Him also..Good for Them.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 02:54 PM

I can't say he greatly appeals to me, to far to the right even for me. However, trying to shut him up,which is what groups like Anonymous will try to do isn't the answer . Taking him on, refuting his arguments and demonstrating that he is wrong is the only way.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:59 PM

Exactly
What a load of tripe no wonder it's anonymous .
Looks like something worthy of the electronic intifada .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 04:17 PM

The letter is not anonymous,it's written by a New York journalist called Brandon Stanton.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 04:23 PM

Well there is one thing I think we can be certain of , Trump won't be paying much attention to it paticularly as it has apparently been endorsed by Hillary Clinton on social media.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

15-03-2016, 04:26 PM

Aye You're right there Meg...He's a law unto Himself by all accounts..though I can't say I know or care much about US Politics..We have enough prob's of Our Own.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 04:29 PM

Hi

Whilst I do not agree with him on loads of things, we may have to deal with him as the next POTUS.

He seems to have an extraordinary amount of support in the USA.

At least with Trump you know exactly what he stands for, unlike our bunch who tell us anything to get into power and then do the opposite.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Whilst I do not agree with him on loads of things, we may have to deal with him as the next POTUS.

He seems to have an extraordinary amount of support in the USA.

At least with Trump you know exactly what he stands for, unlike our bunch who tell us anything to get into power and then do the opposite.
Quite so, let Democracy decide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top