Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2010, 06:53 PM

Trip out to the Zoo

My sister and I often meet up in London and go to one of the attractions. Today we went to London Zoo. If you get a chance, go to their new Rainforest House where you can watch the monkeys and sloths. I`ve a feeling this will be altered soon as the monkeys were so tame, they were following the keeper round, and not afraid of the visitors at all. It was lovely.

Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Re: Trip out to the Zoo

Awww lovely! Glad you had a nice day. I wanted my wedding to be at a zoo lol London Zoo do fabulous wedding events but very expensive!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Great shots Claire, I love the one of the chilled out gorilla!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2010, 09:00 PM

Looks great Claire - I haven't been for years, love this photo!

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2010, 09:12 PM

Brilliant photos, Claire, I love that one as well that Azz likes It's many years since I was in London Zoo. Went there with my late brother on my first ever trip to London! Brings back lovely memories but it will have changed so much since then.

Love the Gorilla pic as well.

Many thanks for sharing.

Take care.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2010, 08:46 AM

Those are great pictures - I'm glad you had such a good time
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Geat Pics, you cant beat a day watching mother natures creatures. Pleased you had a good one Dinahsmum.

We often go to the South Lakes Wild Life Park. You can walk about with animals walking besides you, not the Lions, Tiger, Hippos etc but Kangaroos, Emus etc it is a great day out.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2010, 02:25 PM

Fun shots on a pretty day. I'm looking forward to senior Tursdays at our Portland zoo once retired. It's only a 10 minute drive/ride from my home. In that same general area there's also the Portland Rose Garden, Japanese Gardens, and Chinese Gardens. I'm going to look into season senior passes for all of these so I can go anytime I want and just make a day of it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Glad you had a good day and loved the pics......
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Sounds and looks like you had an excellent day. The pics are great.
I love Colchester Zoo, the animals have fantastic enclosures and some like certain monkeys goats sheep etc you can actually go in with.
They do things at Colchester where you can be a keeper for the day and my daughter when she was younger had her birthday party there and got to fly a bird of prey and feed the seals.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top