Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 11:34 PM

Proposed Muslim military alliance

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has proposed to form a NATO-like military alliance of 21 Muslim nations; the Kingdom seeks Pakistan’s cooperation to materialize the plan.
The Alliance will not be against a particular country but to combat terrorism and emerging threats like ISIS, Dunya News reported.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/SpecialReport...litary-allianc

We need this like a hole in the head.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 11:40 PM

Re: Proposed Muslim military alliance

Let me guess ... whilst not focusing on any country but on terrorist groups they'll decide that most terrorists are in the other countries they don't like.
Hmm .. not a reassuring prospect.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 12:06 AM

That sounds rather ominous to me ....

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has proposed The Alliance will not be against a particular country but to combat terrorism and emerging threats like ISIS
so mother hen is going to combat her chickens then...
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 02:14 AM

I profess no great expertise in Middle Eastern affairs.
But is there not already a 34 Nation Military Alliance of Muslim countries ?

Their stated aim is to combat terrorism. ISIS in particular.
THE U.S. seems to support this 'alliance'.
Perhaps it is a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" ?

I do understand that many will view the alliance with apprehension - if not paranoia.
"Non-Muslims all good. All Muslims bad." That sorta stuff.

Is it really all that different to the 40-Nation "Coalition of the Willing" which blasted the crap out of Iraq - which threatened nobody.

A bit like the old Commies v The West detente, could this alliance provide a balance making less likely any Trump-like aggression in the region ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:15 AM

I agree you have no expertise In Middle Eastern affairs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:22 AM

I wonder if Iran has been invited to join in this alliance
Saudi Arabia has long accused Iran of sponsoring terrorism throughout the Middle East.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree you have no expertise In Middle Eastern affairs.
Thank you so much for yet another Deep and Meaningful contribution.
How would we survive without the wealth of knowledge and personal insight you so generously share with us.
Pumicestone
Australia

15-03-2016, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wonder if Iran has been invited to join in this alliance ....
Iran - Shia
Saudi Arabia - Sunni

So, probably not.
But with your vast expertise in Middle Eastern affairs, no doubt you can clarify the situation for we mere mortals.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

I do understand that many will view the alliance with apprehension - if not paranoia.

Is it really all that different to the 40-Nation "Coalition of the Willing" which blasted the crap out of Iraq - which threatened nobody.

A bit like the old Commies v The West detente, could this alliance provide a balance making less likely any Trump-like aggression in the region ?

You seem to have summed it up pretty right. Though I think this is just a re-announcement of the 34 state alliance proposed last December.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

Hi

The 34 Nation Muslim version of NATO announced by Saudi last year was a joke.

Not least because a lot of Countries named in it had not even heard of it.

Which would explain why it is now down to 21 Countries.

It has no formal command structure and no integration.

It is a coalition of Sunni Muslim states, no Shia Muslims involved.

Saudi, a huge critic of Assad and his attacks on civilians is completely hypocritical.

It is currently doing exactly the same in the Yemen and dropping Cluster Bombs on civilian targets.

Mind you, they are Shia Muslims, so that doesn't matter in Saudi eyes.

It has nothing at all to do with deterring US led policy or military intervention, it has everything to do with the Radical form of Islam adhered to by Saudi, where women are not even allowed to drive and Iran, a Shia Muslim State , which Saudi hates.

Saudi has desperately wanted Nukes of their own for years, they have been consistently been refused by the West in this request.

They have formed this coalition simple because Iran is no longer subject to sanctions and they are worried about it.

Saudi wants Nukes, desperately wants them and Pakistan has them.

Hence all the big lovey dovey play by Saudi to form this Coalition and bring Pakistan into it.

They treated Pakistanis as slave labour in Saudi until very recently, now all that is changing and the Saudis are granting them more rights, better working conditions and giving soft loans to the Pakistan Government.

If Saudi and it's hard line Sunni Muslim States are supposed to be effectively fighting ISIS, why then did they pull out of bombing ISIS in Syria so quickly?

Why haven't they sent troops in to fight them on the ground?

This is purely a Sunni versus Shia fight, nothing more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top