Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 04:19 PM

Have I missed anything?

The sky is blue, there is slight warmth in the sun, the garden is inviting I've just looked at the beach, albeit through the eyes of our local webcam and the waves are still coming in. All perfect but I've missed the last couple of hours, because the warmth of the bedroom, the sun pouring in through the bay window and it was all too easy to lift up my legs, rest my head on the pillow and close my eyes for a minute or two,which turned out to be 120 of them...................................what a waste.

This is the scene I could have been part of if we had gone out after lunch:-

http://www.bayview-weymouth.co.uk/weymouth-webcam/
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 05:02 PM

Re: Have I missed anything?

Is this your place, by any chance?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 05:07 PM

If the same wind is whipping along your coast and judging by the white caps..it is..It may be sunny but that wind cuts you in two.

Not a day for a sitting around and admiring the view.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 05:40 PM

Yes, bit of a chilly wind today: been sitting in it down the allotment on a false pretense!
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Is this your place, by any chance?
If you mean the hotel, then no way. I live in a terraced property as this is, but certainly not here, nor have I any connection with it. Having said that, I did go and speak to the proprietors to tell them their cam put the towns cams into shame.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 09:47 PM

I just went and looked. It's dark now and can't see much except for the lights.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Wot was you looking for? Won't find much out there in the dark.
islandman
Dorset UK

14-03-2016, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Try daylight hours. When it's clear, you can see right across the bay.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:27 AM

I have just now looked again. Very nice now.
islandman
Dorset UK

15-03-2016, 08:39 AM

Emjay, look later when the mist has gone. If you look at that umbrella in the foreground on the beach decking and to the right, you will see in the distance a long white building. That was the old Pontins. We go there every Monday (in season) to car boot/market, have sausage baps and walk back to town. There is a level concrete promenade.

Some weeks we stop off for a cheap pub lunch.

The palm trees were put in for the Olympics. I saw them go in. No roots, just a stump. No watering system either. This is the first winter they didn't tie the fronds up, so they must think they're established now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top