Join for free
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 12:14 PM

Gas prices...

There was a price war on gas in Michigan, Ohio. Gas reached an all time low of .47 per gallon. Yes, you heard me right, .47 per gallon ! I am thinking that it must of been a joke of some kind, it did not last long. Here in my city I was paying for gas last week 1.65 per gallon. Now just yesterday, I paid 1.99 per gallon. The excuse for the rise in gas has to do with in the change of the manufacturing process at the refineries. It seems because of the coming summer season refineries need to change how the oil is processed to fit the season. Lot of bull shit if you ask me. Oil companies come up with all types of excuses to raise prices when prices get too low. Best part about the rise of oil this past week is that it gave confidence in the stock market and the values went back up and over 17,000.

Gas effects everything in life. My thinking has always been that there has to be some kind of nation wide control. I mean, its really not that hard to control gas. If we humans can take a simple pill to control our gas, why can't the powers to be control their gas ?I mean really, so much gas out there that its stinking up the environment.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 01:10 PM

Re: Gas prices...

Sorry Rodolfo, when I saw the heading I thought you meant Gas that comes in pipes for cooking and heating up water. What you call 'Gas' We call petrol over here!
We're still at an all time low here with Tesco (A big supermarket in the UK) selling it at less than a pound a litre (£4.54 per gallon) or around $6.81 per gallon. Even though it seems cheap to us the bulk of the price is made up with Tax.

Actually I've just realised what a big con has been played on us Brits, by changing over to Litres from Gallons we think we are getting a good deal until I just converted it back to Gallons and realised we are paying over four quid a Gallon. I remember when it was a pound a Gallon.

Yes I agree with you Rodolfo, all gas should be a set price, and I mean Petrol and Cooking Gas. We are going through a nightmare over here at the moment, with all different suppliers charging all different tariffs, a good part of your day has to be spent finding out who is the cheapest. Then next week, it's all change again.
If it weren't for Over 50's Forum I think I'd go mad.....
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 01:36 PM

I agree, added city taxes make up a large portion of the price in gas or petrol. In my city, the 1.99 per gallon price has a .50 city tax added. And still with all the money they take in, we still get bombarded by other taxes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:25 PM

I've had a lot of Gas today, for the family in earshot, it has been quite Taxing.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

14-03-2016, 01:17 AM

[QUOTE=spitfire;860999]I've had a lot of Gas today, for the family in earshot, it has been quite Taxing.[/QUO

.........]
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I've had a lot of Gas today, for the family in earshot, it has been quite Taxing.
Perhaps a modified diet might be the answer Spitty....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top