Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:19 AM

Now I wonder why they would do that???

The anti' sleaze (Nolan rules) have been in place since Major's Government fell apart due to sleaze in the 1990s. Now the 'nasty party' want to water down the restrictions imposed by Nolan, I wonder why???

Those sleazebags want their cronies' snouts in the trough too - obviously!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6927861.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:37 AM

Re: Now I wonder why they would do that???

I wonder why Labour MP David Lammy would do this..

A senior Labour MP who was today fined £5,000 for bombarding Londoners with more than 35,000 cold calls has apologised - but then insisted he had no idea he was required to gain permission for making automated phone calls.
David Lammy, MP for Tottenham, was rebuked by the data watchdog for the nuisance calls that were made over just two days last summer as he tried to win the Labour nomination for London Mayor.
His campaign ended in failure, however, finishing a disappointing fourth and picking up fewer than 10 per cent of the votes.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz42locCOxX

We already have a problem with cold callers it seems the Labour party are at it now
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:51 AM

My post above demonstrates we could all spend our mornings trawling through the press looking for numerous stories with which to smear any political party and posting links to articles.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...465#post860465

Most of us realise this is not political debate so we don't do it .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:04 AM

I can't be bothered to read lengthy articles about politics so I rarely come on to UJ's threads. They are becoming somewhat tedious Joe, why not restrict yourself to a couple per week then people might take a bit more interest in them. Just my opinion.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:38 AM

It doesn't seem to have stopped them anyway. Goldman Sachs head of the Banks of England, BUPA in charge of the NHS. If that's not sleaze and corruption I don't know what is.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top