Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:11 PM

What is it with old farts and prunes?;)

I always associate prunes with my late grandma and the older generation.

Are the prune growers dependent on the "older"people?
As they don't seem to figure in my generations diet, are the prune growers at risk of redundancy?

I just don't get it, bloody orrible things.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:13 PM

Re: What is it with old farts and prunes?;)

I don't like them but they are very popular now
You can get prune juice - prune smoothies, maybe they taste good and apparently very good for you
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I always associate prunes with my late grandma and the older generation.

Are the prune growers dependent on the "older"people?
As they don't seem to figure in my generations diet, are the prune growers at risk of redundancy?

I just don't get it, bloody orrible things.
But you are an old fart Tpin
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
But you are an old fart Tpin
At 51, I consider this comment to be untrue, hurtful and darn right rude.

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:31 PM

I love the "pitted" prunes you can buy ,theyre so plump and moist and delicious and they really do have that "added benefit" if you know what I mean lol I often buy them to have as a snack .
And at just 52 im not an "old fart" either thanks!!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Prunes and dried apricots soaked overnight in orange juice,the perfect start to the day.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:38 PM

Prunes are very beneficial to Ones health doncha know?...Eaten regularly they will prevent You from getting a face which looks like an auld prune..add them to probiotic yogurt...and Yer good ta go.

PS...don't let Alan hear You mentioning 'AULD FARTS'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:42 PM

I couldn't eat a prune if you paid me. I'm the same with beetroot. No price could tempt me.

It probably comes from school days, when we were practically force fed stuff in the dining rooms, whether we liked it or not. They'd never be allowed to do it nowadays.
If we left anything on the plate we had to stay sitting there at a table all on our own when the other kids had gone out to play or back to lessons.
We had to sit there, and sit there, with the horrible stuff in front of us, until we gave in and ate whatever it was.
Beetroot would make me vomit, but I still had to eat it. I remember crying and trying to hide in me hankie, until some little weasel reported me so I was in even more trouble.

No, definitely don't want any beetroot or prunes thank you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

12-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Prunes are very beneficial to Ones health doncha know?...Eaten regularly they will prevent You from getting a face which looks like an auld prune..add them to probiotic yogurt...and Yer good ta go.

PS...don't let Alan hear You mentioning 'AULD FARTS'
You get worse, gal.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Food and memories-they are stronger than folks realise. My older brother cannot touch mashed potato. My mother often comments about it and wonders why. Well mum it was because that thing you married beat the crap out of him for not eating it one day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top