Join for free
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:15 PM

Severn Trent Water

High levels of chlorine, my arse, they are suspicious that something nastier than that has been added to reservoirs and are keeping people in the dark.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:20 PM

Re: Severn Trent Water

What are you talking about Purwell?
Can you give us some more information?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:24 PM

No just me being suspicious. There are an awful lot of safeguards that will stop high levels of chlorine, I don't believe that is what they are looking for. Does anyone live in that area and have they noticed any khaki coloured landrovers about?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:29 PM

Remember that incident some years ago in Somerset (???) wherein they managed to contaminate the water in a resevoir with aluminium oxide (???) could this be a similar contamination ???
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:38 PM

Quite a worry for the residents being affected by this...hope its not something sinister .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Quite a worry for the residents being affected by this...hope its not something sinister .

So do I, Aysa. Our water is a good target for terrorists.
Bad water would poison our crops, animals, food - and us, quite efficiently.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
High levels of chlorine, my arse, they are suspicious that something nastier than that has been added to reservoirs and are keeping people in the dark.
Spot on Purwell. It's as obvious as the day is long that "an incident" has occurred and they are covering it up. Could be a terrorist incident, something bad added to the water and the Gov't don't want a national panic. Could be some incompetence with Severn Trent.

I recall that back in 2008/9 they were caught putting 2x the level of fluoride in the water too.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 06:07 PM

This is what I was referring to in my previous contribution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelf...ution_incident
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This is what I was referring to in my previous contribution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelf...ution_incident
Looks like the same sort of thing happened in this case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-35793206

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top