Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:00 PM

BEGGARS and ….. BEGGARS

We've got hoards of gipsies from Romania. They sit at each and every corner, mid-way between each corner, in front of every shop, restaurants, and nudging the edge of every hole-in-the wall. I don't give them anything. I never have. I have my reasons, and if you want to know I suppose that I can tell you.

I just now got back from booze shop for a bottle of wine. At the entrance was the Romanian beggar, as always. But surprise-surprise(!) there was a Swedish man so close to the gypsy that they might have been able to touch one another. He was holding a sign written in Swedish,

“Swedish. Sorry, but I am homeless”

I walked passed the two of them and entered the shop. I purchased a bottle of Rufino Chianti. It's Saturday today and the shop was busy. As I was leaving, the stream of happy customers were nearly cuing up, giving the man a couple of kroner, five maybe, even 10. I pressed a 20 into his hand. My mind was already made up the minute I first saw him.

All that's left now is to face your criticism.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:12 PM

Re: BEGGARS and ….. BEGGARS

No criticism from Me..Your money..Your choice.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:17 PM

Dodgy one this cos by choosing to give to the Swedish beggar the other ones will no doubt beat him up and take your money off him. .
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:19 PM

i used to pack a sarnie for the girl in the doorway in london ' hubby told me she's always there not very old ' and covered up -so when doing he's lunch for nxt day i did a sarnie for her ' never thort much about it just did it ' he used to put it down by her , never spoke to her .. just what u need to do really --like your 20 .......but it stopped when hes contract ended ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:25 PM

A little while ago a man who collects for the local air ambulance was having a fight of words with a Rumanian Big Issue seller who had taken his pitch.

I quietly stepped between them and emptied all the change I had into the can held by the Air Ambulance man.

'You pays your money and takes your choice' as they say, we can't always give to everyone...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:34 PM

Maybe the Swedish guy isn't homeless?
They may have a cunning plan to relieve you of your money.

His name's really Nilas Baldrick.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Maybe the Swedish guy isn't homeless?
They may have a cunning plan to relieve you of your money.

His name's really Nilas Baldrick.
And maybe the 'Swedish' guy isn't Swedish but a clever foreigner...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 10:09 PM

Perhaps you should have spoken to him AO, I´m sure you would soon have known if he was really Swedish then. Here when the Syrian refugee crisis started making headlines all the Romanian beggars suddenly became Syrian !
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Perhaps you should have spoken to him AO, I´m sure you would soon have known if he was really Swedish then.
Who suggested he wasn't Swedish?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Who suggested he wasn't Swedish?
Just because he has a cardboard sign saying he is Swedish doesn't mean that he is.
There are also a lot with homeless signs who aren't homeless, just relying on your sympathy to give them money for their booze.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top