Join for free
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2010, 03:45 PM

The silliest ideas

You ever had-had in the given rather than your own

I was once approached to ask if I would train for the Magistrates bench.

It was a long time ago and in those days I wore suits and could play the game with outside offices even if my career in the civil service was going nowhere.

As I sit here in my usual jeans and tee shirt I wonder.

Flog him,send him down-oh the power
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2010, 11:36 PM

Re: The silliest ideas

Judge not least you be judged, Is that how it goes?. Think yourself fortunate OJ you did not accept this be-wigged gentleman's offer, have you ever seen a happy judge?, they may have plenty of money, but they live a pretty miserable life, suspicious of everybody bar their own kind, always afraid some convict with a grudge is sneaking up behind them. No, methinks you are happier as you are.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 01:38 PM

My father-in-law was a local Magistrate for many years and we used to say he was far too lenient. We didn't know how he had the patience.
Quite a few folks who went before him were his old pupils and I think it may have embarrassed them a bit to be up before their old headmaster once again
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 08:50 AM

I don't know how they hold their tongues, I'd be giving them a lecture. I've always thought judges are a bit weird, not magistrates, seem to be quite seedy and not of this planet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 06:10 PM

'Old judges never die, they just pass on to the next case'.
Groucho marx.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top