Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:07 AM

Totally unfair

As you may well know my son lives in Brazil after marrying a girl from that country

He has a degree in business management and a teaching English qualification . my D-in-Law is a qualified vet over there and I have 3 grand daughters one born in UK.

For him and his family to come back to the UK ( even though he owns a near £200,000 house over here) He has to have at least £75,000 in a UK bank and a job to go to paying at least £35,000pa.

Yet these immigrants are given everything such as houses -money- and do not have to even have a job.

This is what makes me personally really sick about our immigration laws. Those that work, with qualifications and are English can't bring their families here yet scumbag immigration scroungers are welcome with open arms

For him and his family to circumnavigate this he and family will have to become a resident in Portugal for a year and become Portugees. Then they can come to the UK with no restrictions as Portugal is part of the EEC
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Re: Totally unfair

Unbelievable
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:23 AM

This is one of the reasons I want better links with rest of the world, I know several people here who should IMO be allowed to bring their spouse and or children here but they can't because they will never earn as much as they need to get permission. Then we see people from Europe wandering in with no rules to keep to. I hope your family gets here real speed they sound the sort of people we should be proud to welcome.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:32 AM

Realspeed posting on here is therapeutic but better to contact your MP and MAKE A BIG FUSS!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:32 AM

Patsy
Its true. Admittedly she would have to take a UK Vet exam to practice over here. She has her own vet practice over there and property you would not believe. this is where we stay which is one hers

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Another bash the immigrants thread!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Thing is...can you explain the fairness of it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-03-2016, 11:36 AM

ruthio

My son has tried with the immigration dept and got all the information. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do we have tried.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-03-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

Not at all ,but some have more rights to live here than others. You are not personally involved with trying to get my family over here, so please don't make stupid comments just for the sake of posting something
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-03-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is one of the reasons I want better links with rest of the world, I know several people here who should IMO be allowed to bring their spouse and or children here but they can't because they will never earn as much as they need to get permission. Then we see people from Europe wandering in with no rules to keep to. I hope your family gets here real speed they sound the sort of people we should be proud to welcome.

TY Julie

as a bye the bye her father is a multi millionaire over there and head free mason of three lodges. He owns a lot of the properties where he lives including government buildings.

To bring money out of the country they have 25% taken from them in tax

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top