Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:48 PM

Oh the irony

Lawmakers sick after drinking unpasteurized milk to celebrate legalizing raw milk.

http://www.oregonlive.com/today/inde...ml#incart_2box
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Re: Oh the irony

Selling unpasteurised milk for human consumption is illegal in Australia, yet that hasn't stopped plenty of people drinking it. They just refuse to ignore all the warnings.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 08:44 AM

I was brought up on a croft in the north east of Scotland. My mother milked the cow and we used the milk untreated. The milk was left to cool in basins. The cream was skimmed off for making butter. She also made her own cheese. I guess we were lucky not to have contracted something
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I was brought up on a croft in the north east of Scotland. My mother milked the cow and we used the milk untreated. The milk was left to cool in basins. The cream was skimmed off for making butter. She also made her own cheese. I guess we were lucky not to have contracted something
I have drunk milk straight from the cow, Dawn was a Jersey house cow, goats milk straight from the goat also. Both owned by my friend. Guess I was lucky also.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 01:47 PM

Only ever had it once and spent the rest of our holiday on the loo or looking down it, never again I said.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 02:18 PM

When my children were small, we went on holiday to a farm at Freshwater in the Isle Of Wight. It was near a National Trust area where many species of wild flowers grew. We bought fresh milk from the farmer in a jug, it was so creamy and delicious. It didn't make us ill. I also bought eggs that the children had helped collect.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Only ever had it once and spent the rest of our holiday on the loo or looking down it, never again I said.
Seems like you have an allergy to just about everything Julie, I wonder how you survive !
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When my children were small, we went on holiday to a farm at Freshwater in the Isle Of Wight. It was near a National Trust area where many species of wild flowers grew. We bought fresh milk from the farmer in a jug, it was so creamy and delicious. It didn't make us ill. I also bought eggs that the children had helped collect.
I live next door to a Dairy Farm Art and have had fresh milk many times straight from the udder along with pints of cream
with which I have made butter.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Seems like you have an allergy to just about everything Julie, I wonder how you survive !
I do have a lot of allergies this wasn't one of them I am actually quite tolerant of dairy it's was IMO lack of hygiene caused my problem.

I won't survive one day though I have had to be hospitalised after allergic reactions enough to know one day something will get me, probably a wasp, I am very careful what I eat but can't predict them little boggers.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 02:52 PM

Is anyone else old enough to remember Bernard Miles? This kind of complaint against government interference in our use of 'natural' produce for reasons of health, always reminds me of his short, recorded homilies, much enjoyed on the wireless, before the invention of tv. The following was one such:
http://monologues.co.uk/Bernard_Mile...Old_School.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top