Join for free
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 01:14 PM

Talktalk phone scam

I know these have been around for some time but we had five phone calls from these scammers IN ONE DAY last week.

All calls come from the same number 01438 811945 and all callers have an Asian accent both male and female yet call themselves by names like Jason and Jennifer.

Depending on my mood and the time I have I sometimes string them along and pretend to be checking my computer as per their instructions! Other times I give them a mouthful and sometimes I just slam the phone down.

When "Jennifer" called she said (just like all the others) there is a problem with your computer and I need to tell you what to do to fix it. I did a big yawn and said "go on then". There was a big pause and then she said "why are you talking to me like that? You can get lost." And she slammed the phone down!

then Jason rang and I told him I wasn't very happy with "Talktalk" because Jennifer had been very rude to me and he slammed the phone down too.

I have reported these calls to Talktalk and passed on the phone number they called from.
stifler
New Member!
Philippines
stifler is male 

10-03-2016, 03:51 AM

Re: Talktalk phone scam

Found some reports filed at http://www.whycall.me/01438811945.html. People also reported the number as TalkTalk scam. I think we should always be vigilant to those phone scammers. Keep talk about this to family and friends.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 08:49 PM

Re: Talktalk phone scam

Thanks for that. 01438 is also an Indian number.

http://stdcodes.bharatiyamobile.com/...?stdcode=01438

had three more Calls since I posted .... All from "Talktalk."

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top