Join for free
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 04:49 PM

Manchester Airport passenger pick up arrangements

I dropped my wife off last week at Manchester Airport, where it is possible to stop just outside the terminal to unload free of charge.

I have just been back to pick her up and found that there is no comparable location for that purpose. It seems that it is obligatory to use the car park (in my case Terminal 1) for pick-ups at a charge of £3 for up to 30 minutes. Another money-grabbing venture, I suppose. Needless to say, buses and taxis can pull up to collect passengers for free.

So if any of you find yourselves in a similar situation to me, may I offer the following advice.

If you drive toward Terminal 1 car park, and wish to save yourself £3, follow the direction signs but turn in to the petrol station which is just one exit before the car park exit. There is a short lay by on the left that everyone (in the know) uses to collect their passengers. Only room for three or four cars, I'm afraid. Just let your passenger know that they should head toward the filling station just beyond the car park.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 05:37 PM

Re: Manchester Airport passenger pick up arrangements

Or at the bottom of the steps at the train station.
This is better as there's a covered walkway with travelling escalator thing if you have luggage.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Or at the bottom of the steps at the train station.
This is better as there's a covered walkway with travelling escalator thing if you have luggage.
I'm just having a look at this on Google Earth. I'm not sure where 'the bottom of the steps' is, as I've never been to the station. However, I can see some parallel spaces right outside the station, between the station and its car park. Are these pick up places? They look more suitable for buses or lorries, to be honest. There seems to be plenty of space and, looking on Street View, I can see no entry restriction signs.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 06:56 PM

I dont recall any restrictions.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top