Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 04:19 PM

Why are do gooders so irritating ?

Why are do gooders so irritating?
Is it because they make people feel guilty?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 04:24 PM

Re: Why are do gooders so irritating ?

Do Gooders are great..... if they keep their mouths shut and don't brag about it for people to tell them how wonderful they are!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do Gooders are great..... if they keep their mouths shut and don't brag about it for people to tell them how wonderful they are!
Very true
In general, they seem to get things wrong and cause mayhem - an example would be what's going on at present in Calais. There are many more examples though
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 05:10 PM

Couldn't agree more. Take the London Luvvie actors and Guardianist Politicians who are always keen to be in front of the camera dictating that we should all take asylum seekers into our homes. When it comes to themselves of course it's a different matter - a case of "Do as I say, not as I do".

Hypocrites the lot of them.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 05:48 PM

Because they always think what they say or do is right. They really piss me off.😠
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 05:53 PM

I agree.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 06:14 PM

I believe they call it Virtue Signalling.

it always makes me laugh on Facebook when people run on and on about all the good work they're doing, ice bucket challenges, sponsored events and so on. yet in real life they do nothing to help in their local communities.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 06:19 PM

They are easy targets for the moaners and complainers.
Remember the saying...

'No act of kindness ever goes unpunished'

I say leave them alone, and let them continue their good work !
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 07:02 PM

There are some times when 'do gooders' don't do good. In fact they make matters worse. I prefer to side with the 'good doers'. They are the ones who keep very quiet about their efforts to improve things, and just get on with it. I have great respect for the Good doers, but little for the 'do gooders' consequently.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 07:07 PM

That's very true Arti. I agree with that, gal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top