Join for free
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 09:22 PM

Old Vid but kind act

This is an old video but a very kind act by this Police officer....
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:41 PM

Re: Old Vid but kind act

Hi Aysa thanks for posting this video. You know im really surprised that no one has commented on it and that im the only one.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:47 PM

Yes, what the officer did was a wonderful thing, regardless of the fact that the 'homeless' man is a scam artist.

http://nypost.com/2013/03/27/give-him-the-boot/
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:50 PM

Still doesn't discount what the officer did, though. I commend him, simply for giving a
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:50 PM

That certainly puts a different light on the "homeless" man Linda doesnt it.?
Good on the policeman who did the kind act though unless he was in on it too.
Linda0818
USA

05-03-2016, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
That certainly puts a different light on the "homeless" man Linda doesnt it.?
Good on the policeman who did the kind act though unless he was in on it too.
No, the cop was an honest man who just wanted to help someone. It isn't the fact that the old guy was a b.s. artist, but the act of kindness by the officer. That's the highlight and most important thing in this story.

There are panhandlers and people who pretend to be homeless all over the place here. Hell, some of them make more money per day than I do.

According to the officer, despite the truth about the 'homeless' guy coming to light, he still receives kudos for what he did.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 11:35 AM

These lieing scumbags ought to have all their assets taken and sold off to the genuine poor. House, car, bank accounts emptied the lot then they will be genuinely poor. But it will never be done because we are to bloody soft.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
No, the cop was an honest man who just wanted to help someone. It isn't the fact that the old guy was a b.s. artist, but the act of kindness by the officer. That's the highlight and most important thing in this story.

There are panhandlers and people who pretend to be homeless all over the place here. Hell, some of them make more money per day than I do.

According to the officer, despite the truth about the 'homeless' guy coming to light, he still receives kudos for what he did.
Im very happy that he does too Linda ,he wasnt to know that the "homeless" guy he was helping wasnt genuine...the police officer has a good heart
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:29 PM

A few years ago my wife saw two guys get out of a BMW in the multi story car park in town, following them down in the lift she couldn't believe when ,after saying their goodbyes one of them promptly sat down in the street and began to beg for money
Linda0818
USA

07-03-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Im very happy that he does too Linda ,he wasnt to know that the "homeless" guy he was helping wasnt genuine...the police officer has a good heart
Agreed

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
A few years ago my wife saw two guys get out of a BMW in the multi story car park in town, following them down in the lift she couldn't believe when ,after saying their goodbyes one of them promptly sat down in the street and began to beg for money
Oh yeah. Nothing unusual. They change into bummy clothes and walk the streets, collecting money, then at the end of the day go home and change back into their nicer clothes.

A friend of mine, Chris, will sometimes give them food and he'll even offer to take them for a nice meal. Some of them accept and some of them make up an excuse why they can't. It's like really, why can't you? You're holding a sign saying you're homeless and starving, yet you won't let someone take you for a meal? It's not like you have anything better to do.

So, with many of them, they don't want that meal, they just want your cash.

Also, some of them, mostly women, will use children as bait. Who can resist giving money to a woman with a child, right? I had a woman and a child walk up to me in the parking lot of the supermarket one day, telling me her car had broken down and she needed bus fare money to get back home. Naturally, when I asked her where her car was, she couldn't produce it. I told her I was sorry, but didn't have any cash on me. Which, at the time, was the truth. She took the child by the hand and walked away, hitting up other people in the lot. I eventually saw her and the child get into a car and drive away.

So while I know there really are homeless people out there who need help, I don't trust most of them. I think they're all b.s. artists because the TRUE homeless people are on the doorsteps of the shelters that provide food, bedding and clothing, to which I happily donate to on a regular basis. But I don't give handouts to the ones on the streets.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top