Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 08:35 PM

What do you know about the Saudi Religious Police?

Hi

Take the quiz, find out what life is like in Saudi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35699359
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:21 PM

Re: What do you know about the Saudi Religious Police?

That was interesting, but I'm afraid I did rather poorly in the quiz.

I can only assume that things have improved since I was there. I remember witnessing a mutawa (they were all old men with beards) in a shopping centre hitting a woman around her legs for not having them covered up.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:45 PM

It would appear that I know sweet FA about Saudi Arabia which doesn't worry me as I have no intention of ever going again.

The first and last time was enough.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It would appear that I know sweet FA about Saudi Arabia which doesn't worry me as I have no intention of ever going again.

The first and last time was enough.
At the risk of accusations being made, some of us were planning to go into town on a Friday to see a beheading.

No, don't shout at me, you lot. We never went.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:08 PM

Problem solver?, more of a Problem eliminator, we need to De-Globalize, and go into hiding.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:10 PM

I got two out of six so my knowledge is dismal. I am so glad I have never been nor do I want to go just in case I commit a transgression .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:13 PM

Hi

Saudi is one place that I have never been.

It appeals as much as North Korea.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Saudi is one place that I have never been.

It appeals as much as North Korea.
There used to be a game called "crash" where the foreign workers would bib their car horn whilst the traffic lights were on red so the front row of cars would zoom across the junction.

I won't go into too much detail, it was a silly and immature game, one I never played, of course

Jeez it was funny.......not, obviously.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:30 PM

4 out of 6 , some things have changed since I last read about the religious police in Saudi.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:37 PM

1/6
How confusing. Sometimes they don't appear to have any legal authority and at others throw their weight around like bully boys.
Glad I'm never likely to run into them I wouldn't be sure what I could or could not do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top