Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Moving on

If an afterlife of some sort does exist, we aren't likely to be the same people we were at death? Would a child remain a child, a person with disabilities still have them, an elderly person with dementia remain demented, etc? Would we have the same relationship with our relatives and friends?

I suppose it is just a possibility that people continually move from one full life experience to another, where they become totally different characters in each.

From my point of view I prefer the idea of ceasing to be completely when I die. If that is the case I won't miss anyone or anything.

If you wish for an afterlife, what would you want it to be like?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Re: Moving on

One where I could see all my loved ones again .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
One where I could see all my loved ones again .
I suppose that is what we would all want but, if tarantula is right on her idea that they would be different.... would we still love them?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:44 PM

I don't mind either way - would be nice to get some peaceful sleep but if I choose which one I really prefer its to be with those I have loved
I think our time on Earth is to learn important lessons and become worthy of a better place next time round
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:45 PM

I have to believe there is something beyond this life. It was the only thing that stopped my heart breaking in two when I lost my darling Mum, Dad and two brothers.

I certainly don't want to think there is nothing but nothingness when we leave this world. I need to have the belief that when I do go, the four of them and anyone else whom I love dearly and gone before me will be there waiting to greet me with a smile and a warming welcome hug.

I know those who don't believe will be pooh poohing this idea of there being an afterlife but I hold on fast to there being somewhere where they are and one day we will meet again.

Because of this belief, It makes me smile when I think of Dad sitting at a table somewhere with my two brothers studying the horse racing and Mum making cups of tea as she was always prone to. It always comforts me to think she has gone ahead to put the kettle on.

It's so comforting a thought that no-one will ever convince me otherwise whether it is or isn't so.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:46 PM

I don't want to 'be' anything and I don't believe in or want an afterlife.
I have met enough horrible people in this life, I have no desire to repeat the experience in any afterlife than you .
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 01:50 PM

i think there is one ...and all the pain we suffered when alive leaves us ' so to be fit 'like we was as a child 'which goes for disabled too, life is truly a cicle' just another chapter and having a soul that never dies ...and i think u have choices when we die in our new lives.. thats why i believe in reincarnation ....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
i think there is one ...and all the pain we suffered when alive leaves us ' so to be fit 'like we was as a child 'which goes for disabled too, life is truly a cicle' just another chapter and having a soul that never dies ...and i think u have choices when we die in our new lives.. thats why i believe in reincarnation ....
The idea of reincarnation is a lovely one , providing we could remember what we had learned from the past life, but I don't think we do because none of us have memories of a past life.
I know that people say you cannot destroy energy, which is true, but our energy surely becomes food for insects or plants when we die. If life is a circle then maybe we become maggots, that go on to become food for birds, who go on to become food for larger animals that become food for humans. That is what I believe happens!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 02:44 PM

What if people of whom you are fond in this life, are very different in a future life?
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 02:51 PM

the new life will be completly different to this -dont think we change if we are a good person in this one '

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top