Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 08:59 PM

When is a dog not a dog?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-animals.html

Don't know if I should be amused or angry
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Re: When is a dog not a dog?

I think that is utterly ridiculous! Poor dogs ....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 10:06 PM

...definitely angry!

They don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to animal welfare - there are videos on Dogsey which would make you want to scream!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 10:25 PM

I dunno, maybe it's a step up for China, painting 'em is better than eating 'em.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 10:29 PM

I think that's awful
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 07:48 AM

I think that is dreadful. Poor dogs. Should be outlawed by the authorities!

Thanks for the link PPH.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 11:06 AM

It the dye was harmless it goes into the `pointless and daft` category.

Docking is another matter-a dog`s tail is so important in the way it communicates to other dogs and humans-well that`s my opinion but I`m not an expert
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
They don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to animal welfare - there are videos on Dogsey which would make you want to scream!!
Couldn't agree more Azz, and today I saw a report on Sky that there are Chinese drug makers deliberately targetting Britain with new versions of Methadrone, one manufacturer (who is doing this with the full approval of the Chinese authorities) said that his drug was too powerful and if taken would send you to hospital yet he seemed quite unconcerned about the fate of people in Britain who might buy this for a quick 'high' (Or whatever the current terminology is) they just treat humans like s**t so it's hardly surprising the way the treat dogs.

Sorry PP Hammer, this post is going off topic but I just get so mad when I see something like this. I'm off now to my workshop where I hope I can find a bit of metal to bash with my 2Kg. club hammer and cool off a bit
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 11:14 AM

This is ridiculous - but no more ridiculous that spraying poodles in colours as was the fashion here some-time ago. People in China are obvioiusly making money from the people who are daft enough to pay them. I have seen horses in America dressed up in trousers, coats and hats - which is just as daft. It is unfortunate that we humans seem to find amusement in creating the bizzare. Sad people, I think. Perhaps they will grow up soon.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 12:26 PM

The Chinese still eat dogs so dying them probably doesn't matter to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top