Join for free
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 07:31 AM

Public to be consulted on spending 'choices'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10261136.stm

If you consult us, you have to listen. It is a pointless exercise if you ask, then do what you want anyway.

ps - keep asking us via yougov so I get paid to give you my opinion
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 08:52 AM

Re: Public to be consulted on spending 'choices'

Couldn't agree more - a waste of tax payers money carrying out a pointless exercise when they know what they are going to do in the first place! Same old, same old etc etc etc!

Many thanks for the link PPH
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 09:22 AM

I dont believe a word of it.

Anyway when you are up to you eyes in debt you stop spending dont you?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 11:58 AM

I dunno - I think we should give them a chance
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 02:01 PM

I am not sure about this sort of consultation process. I will wait and see what is actually presented to us to consult on.
What I don't understand is - the government of the day is supposed to have more idea of the whole picture than us mere individuals and should have the experience and knowledge of what to do to rectify the situation the country is in. How can Jo Bloggs possibly know the whole picture about the state we are in and know enough to make a truly informed and unbiased decision on what should be done. We can only know what will/is likely to affect us as individuals and choose/decide according to what will affect us. We will all have different opinions and needs and it will be impossible to reach any sort of consensus with a consultation - this is too simplistic.
I think this may be part of the strategy the government is adopting to sweeten what I think is going to be a very bitter pill to swallow. They can then say well we did consult in an attempt deflect the aggro and flack they are going to get over any cuts.
I am cynical enough to think that this is just a feeble attempt at public involvement - just lip service in the vain hope that the public will still vote for them when we are through this. Anyway, if they can't know, or don't already know what needs doing, then how the heck do they hope the public know and why are they in government. They are supposed to be the "experts". I say lets just bite the bullet and get on with what is going to be a very painfull process.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 08:34 PM

What would happen if every government in the world said let us all write off the debt and start afresh - as a world, not as individual countries. Who would suffer? We can still produce the same, we still need to consume the same. Who do we owe the billions to anyway? It is all just numbers on paper.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

08-06-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I dunno - I think we should give them a chance
I very much hope they can turn things around - and quick. I would take a pay freeze for a couple of years
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 11:29 AM

It's all a big con . . . the cuts that are about to happen will be so bad they want to be able to say . . " we took the publics advice " . . . the cuts will make Maggie the witch look like a spendthrift . . . . all I can say is, don't blame me, I voted SNP.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top