Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 09:22 PM

Doors

Are doors meant to keep people in or keep people out ? Should we knock once, twice or three times ? And when we traverse that door and given access to its secrets, what will we find ? You are now the traveler, who has been given the ability to invade that space, let us know what you have found on the other side....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-01-15-15-14-1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	448  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:00 PM

Re: Doors

Rodolpho, You took me right back to a hypnotherapist I saw once many moons ago. There was a door that he wanted me to open and I couldn't or wouldn't, so I never found out.

That door looks great, it's made for me to go in, not stay out.

That door is to open on it's rusty hinges, no knocking..just slowly open it and sneak through and on the other side I instantly smell mustiness, all beautiful oak furniture, tapestries, jardinières with huge plants,, huge library full of shelf after shelf of beautiful old musty smelling books and a smell of cigar smoke
High ceilings with brown cornices, stained with age old nicotine.
Large sweeping staircase with threadbare carpet...oh I could go on and on.

And in one room is the time travelling machine, just waiting for me..
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:16 AM

Thank you Pesta for sharing.

As I see it life is full of unopen doors. Many times we fear opening them and stepping in. That fear holds us back in life. What we learn is, the more doors we open and venture in, the stronger we become
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 08:02 AM

Doors present opportunity's, and windows a glimpse of the potential. Opening the doors of the mind could unlock greater understanding of our room for improvement
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 08:09 AM

To keep the wind and rain out.

To keep people out until I choose to let them in.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-03-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
To keep the wind and rain out.

To keep people out until I choose to let them in.
Your words remind me of a strange case that happened in our city. This homeless guy walks upto this house, starts looking through the windows and begins to play with himself. Then tries to force open the door and rings the doorbell and continues to play with himself. All this is caught on camara through the owners security system.

The homeowner seeing what is taking place goes down the stairs and now notices that this homeless guy is no longer at his front door, but had gain entrance into his car. He is seeing this through his home security system. Fortunately police arrived and homeless guy was finally arrested.

Homeowner declares that he has never met this guy and wonders why he rang his bell, pulled at his locked door several times and was playing with himself throughout the whole ordeal.

Reporter reminds us how much our city has changed. In the early 60's it was a very small town, neighbors knew one another and doors remained unlocked
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-03-2016, 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=eyes_of_a_painter;850839

Here is a picture of a secret door found inside the Great Pyramid. As of yet, we still have no clue what is on the other side.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-02-05-02-53-1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	449  
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Doors present opportunity's, and windows a glimpse of the potential. Opening the doors of the mind could unlock greater understanding of our room for improvement
Indeed, closed minds hamper our progress
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 10:50 AM

When visiting historic places I like taking photos of old wood doors especially when the have that distinctive patina of age caused by usage.

I imagine all the hands that have pushed/opened or closed that particular door each with their owners thoughts and expectations (i.e like Hever Castle and Anne Bolyen).

Doors tend to get overlooked but there iron work, bolts and locks are often very beautiful and works of pure craftsmanship.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-03-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
When visiting historic places I like taking photos of old wood doors especially when the have that distinctive patina of age caused by usage.

I imagine all the hands that have pushed/opened or closed that particular door each with their owners thoughts and expectations (i.e like Hever Castle and Anne Bolyen).

Doors tend to get overlooked but there iron work, bolts and locks are often very beautiful and works of pure craftsmanship.
When I lived in Spain I would visit many of the old castles there. What strikes you is how small, in regards to heighth, the doors are. One had to bend down a bit when walking through them so as to not bump ones head. Seems Spaniards of that era were quite short.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top