Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Wilbur

There's an old couple, Donna & Wilbur that eat breakfast every day at McDonald's. I met them a year ago when I moved to the apartment complex closest to this very restaurant. They're wonderful people who are quick to share their lives with others. Wilbur carries candy for all the little kids that eat there while they're present.

I decided to bring my camera in this morning and capture a shot or two so I can have a photographic record of my new friends. I used no flash so that Wilber didn't even know he was being photographed in the first photo. You see he's very hard of hearing and never heard the shutter clicking. By the second shot you can see the difference in his eyes & expression. He now knows he's being photographed.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Re: Wilbur

What a wonderful old gent, you've captured his face full of character, Bob.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Absolutely stunning photos. You certainly caught his character in the first pic. What a lovely smile as broken out in the 2nd.

Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing, Bob
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 01:18 PM

I can't wait to give his wife, Donna, a couple of prints of these this morning. It shows you what can be done with candid shots outside of any studio. It's all about the light, composition & the character in people's faces.

I used to do portraits & weddings professionally some 25-30 years ago. I gave it up for a number of reasons. Now that I'm closing in on retirement I'd like to start photographing people once again, not professionally but candidly. There are plenty of public places, like Multnomah Falls, where there are tourists from all over the world. It would be fun to capture their experience enjoying our natural wonders.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 02:05 PM

I have a feeling Wilbur's wife is going to be extremely delighted with your photos, Bob
bobmielke
Portland, OR

08-06-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have a feeling Wilbur's wife is going to be extremely delighted with your photos, Bob
I'm going to work on getting a few of Donna at some point as well. Then maybe a few of them together as a couple. All this sitting in their favorite booth at McDonalds.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top