Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Fox mauls twins!

This was on "This Morning" show - hope the twins get better soon. Must have been awful for the parents!

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/06/...in-fox-attack/

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, please move if it isn't Many thanks
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Re: Fox mauls twins!

Poor twins - hope they get well soon.

Dunno why the parents left a window left open on the ground floor tho - I'd be worried about thieves!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 01:03 PM

I suppose this must be true? I find it really hard to believe.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 01:10 PM

Must admit it does sound a bit far-fetched doesn't it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 02:42 PM

It's very sad isn't it

Today's lunchtime news said pest controllers set traps in the back garden of the house on Sunday and later found a fox in one of the devices, the fox was destroyed by a vet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10251349.stm
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 04:40 PM

The twins weren`t downstairs. So the fox trotted upstairs, ignoring the parents downstairs watching TV and grabbed the children. I`ll believe it when there is scientific evidence.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 04:43 PM

I'm glad it's not just me
Are we just getting too old and cynical?
Like you, I think I need teethmark analysis or something ... a fox? in a house? unprovoked attack? Well - we'll see
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 04:48 PM

That sounds very unlike normal fox behavior. If that happened here I'd suspect rabies, and they will attack people in that state, but of course you're rabies free. It sounds like a hoax of some sort; maybe I'm too cynical also ...
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 05:17 PM

If true then it`s tragic.

But foxes are moving more and more into cities and towns and one was bound? to find itself in a strange place by accident and re-act as wild animals do.

I make no bones about it-I am anti hunting. I would have loved to have seen what would have been said if hunting when (thanfully now not) legal had gone into the posh areas of towns and cities-"Oh Gaurd Henry some chappies dressed up strangely have just trampled all over one`s garden-and a horse I think it was pooped itself in the ornamental pond"
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
That sounds very unlike normal fox behavior. If that happened here I'd suspect rabies, and they will attack people in that state, but of course you're rabies free. It sounds like a hoax of some sort; maybe I'm too cynical also ...

No hoax with two babies in hospital one in a poor condition with one side of its face ripped off.

London Fox's over recent years are getting more and more brave and are entering homes(local radio LBC had a number of people ringing up to confirm this)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top