Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 02:02 PM

Spooky or what !!

On Saturday, he who must obey and I sat down to count out in £20 notes, the balance of the money needed to pay for our 7 day holiday in June.
We took the notes out of the envelope and as I am used to dealing with cash I started counting out the £20 notes.
We needed a total of £900 so I counted the following out, ensuring that I rubbed each note as I counted them so two notes wouldn't be stuck together. I counted out the following:-

40 x £20 notes to make it £800
1 x £20 note £ 20
4 x £10 notes £ 40 total = £860.00

After counting it twice, once as above, then individual notes counting out in £100 batches, and THEN passing it to my hubby to finally count it as well so he would be happy we had counted out the correct amount - we both agreed there was a total of £860.00. Hubby then went and got another £40 to bring the total up to the round £900. which both he and I counted (including rubbing the two twenty pound notes to ensure not stuck together)

So imagine our surprise an hour later whilst sitting in the travel agents, the very nice young lady who was dealing with our travel arrangements, counted out what she said was £900 in £20 notes and handed us back the 4 x £10 notes as surplus.

I was so surprised and asked her to please count it out again as we were absolutely certain there was £860 in £20 notes and £40 in £10 notes.
NO, Definitely £900 there - all in £20 notes. 45 notes.

Spooky or what?? Where did that extra two £20 notes suddenly come from after us counting it out three times ?
I'm still trying to fathom it out.Very weird indeed.!

Have you ever had something happen like this where you would automatically think.....SPOOKY!....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 05:21 PM

Re: Spooky or what !!

Yes, all throughout my life, but that is another story.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 07:24 PM

A nice pleasant surprise for you Mary, the spooks are smiling on you.
They say never look a gift horse in the mouth, although I'll bet it would have been a horse of a different colour if you had been 40 qiud short.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 07:42 PM

Hi

No, not spooky at all.

It is part of a new EU Regulation that all mislaid money must be immediately replaced by Government.

It is designed to get you to change your mind and vote to stay in.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Nice one SF.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top