Join for free
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Dogs in cars

Went grot shop this morning, it was very humid and close. we parked next to a car that had a dog in it, windows done up and steamed up. The dog was panting and sweating. The man on the other side took the car reg and it was announced over the tannoy twice. I said it is urgent the dog is in a bad way, phone the police. They said they can't get involved, I said well I can but haven't got a phone. I used their phone to phone them. Did I go to far? What would you have done. I can't get that poor dogs face out of my head. Apparently as I was phoning one of the ladies said I think thats him going out but I carried on anyway. Now I'm plagued with doubts. I just wanted revenge for the poor dog.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Re: Dogs in cars

You did the right thing imo.

The owner was called twice and refused to take note so they had their fair chance!

Good on you for doing it!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 05:06 PM

Smash the window,then sue the owner
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Well I did try to open the door but it was locked.What is it with some people, I sadly miss common sense and I wish there was care in the community.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 06:26 PM

You did the right thing! I can't understand why dog owners take their dogs out in their cars and leave them all shut in! If they are frightened of someone getting into their car, or stealing it when the windows are left open a bit, then they should not take their dogs out at all. Better to be safe than sorry!

I do hope the police caught up with the idiotic owner.

Good for you. Wish there were more like minded people around when they see dogs shut up in cars.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 06:42 PM

Good for you Val, the dog was at risk ...... why don't some drivers spare a minute to consider their pet instead of rushing off
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 09:14 PM

Well done Val, I would have done exactly the same thing so don't feel guilty about it, you were thinking about the poor dog..........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 10:18 PM

Well done Val, don't for a minute feel guilty it's the only right thing to do, BTW it's my understanding that the RSPCA can now act before the dog dies, prior to last year they had to wait until either deliberate cruelty or actual death whereas now they can act much earlier.

Mind you I think it's still only the Police who can break a window, if you or the RSPCA do it you can be sued by the car owner, crazy isn't it.
val
Kent UK

07-06-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
You did the right thing! I can't understand why dog owners take their dogs out in their cars and leave them all shut in! If they are frightened of someone getting into their car, or stealing it when the windows are left open a bit, then they should not take their dogs out at all. Better to be safe than sorry!

I do hope the police caught up with the idiotic owner.

Good for you. Wish there were more like minded people around when they see dogs shut up in cars.
It was the sweetest little King Charles spaniel, probably cost more than the car so I don't think it was there for protection, the car itself was in a bit of a state but I don't knock anyone for that, as long as its roadworthy thats their business but suffering is different.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top