Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 12:11 PM

yuk

Am on day 3 of the squits Yes too much info im sure but its too much up n down for me too!!! Am soooo hungry just drinking fluids and making trips back & forth to the bathroom Gawd the nights are long when you're unwell arent they.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 01:19 PM

Re: yuk

Hope you're feeling better soon Cassie!

Drink plenty of water!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Have you changed your diet? ,eaten a bad kebab?.

Immodium is good but after three days I would consider seeing a doc?

And I do sympathise-I got mild food poisoning once-even a cough was `tricky`
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 01:23 PM

Thanks Azz, I actually feel fairly ok just drained and hungry. Other half being a nurse is excellent at reminding me to drink lots lol All I fancy is a roast lamb dinner though
Cassie
West Wales

06-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Ty OG, cant have imodium as theres something in it that clashes with something I have for my heart. I wont go to the Docs as I know they'll send me to the hospital and i've just not got time.. silly I know but it'll stop. Ive no fever and no sickness so thats all good. Im sure it was a tinned beef curry I picked up as a quick thing to throw on a jacket potato thats to blame!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 01:32 PM

Aww... not very nice for you Cassie

I hope you'll feel better soon, start off with plain food eg chicken or steamed white fish ..... and as has been said, plenty of water.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Well be sure to eat some live yoghurt-I believe it replaces the good gut bacteria you might lose.

I do not use/like the term `too much information` -information is good
Cassie
West Wales

06-06-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Well be sure to eat some live yoghurt-I believe it replaces the good gut bacteria you might lose.

I do not use/like the term `too much information` -information is good
Thanks for the tip
With reference to the sentance too much info it was used as I felt it might be too much for some hahahaha
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Last time I had that, the doc sent a prescription up to my local chemist for Loperamide tablets. They were not bad and helped stop it!

Hope your dose of the skitters runs away as quickly as it came, Cassie, nothing worse than that!

Fingers crossed for you and hope you get that meal soon

Take care.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 04:45 PM

And it wouldn't hurt to take some pre and probiotics to refresh your intestinal flora, Cassie. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top