Join for free
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:32 AM

Lucy Sucks

Good old Romanians again.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3189876.html
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Re: Lucy Sucks

At the risk of being called racist I just wonder if Eastern Europeans commit a disproportionately amount of crime in this country. Do statistics exist showing crime rates by ethnic origin of the perpetrators ?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 12:08 PM

It's beyond me how can people pay even a deposit on such expensive items such as a vehicle without seeing the item first and the seller.
A fool and their money is soon parted.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
At the risk of being called racist I just wonder if Eastern Europeans commit a disproportionately amount of crime in this country. Do statistics exist showing crime rates by ethnic origin of the perpetrators ?
Heavens Alan, who needs statistics when the answer is so obvious when one includes the Black element of the population.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 12:18 PM

I've seen and reported these ads.
A couple of years ago I was considering buying a Buell motorcycle and went to look at one in Nottingham, the one I wanted was a rare white one of a certain model.

I decided against it and when I rang to tell the seller he informed me it had been written off in an accident, which was true.

A few months later I saw another ad for the same bike but this one was claimed to be in Glasgow, exactly the same photos as the original seller used in his ads(taken on his drive). I still had his email address so sent an email informing him, he then reported it to the police.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

28-02-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
It's beyond me how can people pay even a deposit on such expensive items such as a vehicle without seeing the item first and the seller.
A fool and their money is soon parted.
I did, payed a deposit on a car in Yorkshire , not seen. Car delivered to my door , lovely Merc Convertible, seven years old and 2,000 miles on the clock. Totally mint and considering I was intending to spend 20 grand more on a new one same day, thanks very much
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
I did, payed a deposit on a car in Yorkshire , not seen. Car delivered to my door , lovely Merc Convertible, seven years old and 2,000 miles on the clock. Totally mint and considering I was intending to spend 20 grand more on a new one same day, thanks very much
Did you ever see the Top Gear test on convertibles for us "older" men?

It was very technical and involved a bald man wearing a wig and how fast each car could go before the wig starts to detach from said bald man's head
dukeofearl
south coast uk

28-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Did you ever see the Top Gear test on convertibles for us "older" men?

It was very technical and involved a bald man wearing a wig and how fast each car could go before the wig starts to detach from said bald man's head
Not me then I have all my own hair and teeth, all excellent
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Exactly like me, except I have no hair and false teeth.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 03:51 PM

Maybe us Londoners are more cautious and street wise. But I have never given a deposit on anything unseen.
In the past, most times I pay cash. I am a haggler. I love it when the advert says ONO. I work out what I could be willing to pay, and flash the cash. Mostly works a treat.
This latest vehicle that I bought was delivered from Wales on the back of a low loader. I had only seen pictures, and again I paid some cash and debit card. I could easily have refused to buy the vehicle if I had found any faults, which I did not.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top