Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Don't Laugh But Is It Time I threw Out My Wedding Dress?!!

Whilst emptying my loft today, as I am having my loft insulated next week, I came across my wedding dress and veil wrapped in tissue paper and in its original box.
It is nearly 45 years old and I am divorced now but I have kept it all these years. I tried on the veil and I have to admit I didn't look like a blushing bride, more like..... Miss Havisham.
I don't know what to do... should I just bin it?!!
Have you still got your wedding dress, or the men.....your wedding suit?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:08 PM

Re: Don't Laugh But Is It Time I threw Out My Wedding Dress?!!

If it's serviceable enough you could always give/sell it to a bridal agency who could either sell it or rent it out on your behalf for a small fee. With wedding dresses being so expensive, an agency is one way for a new bride to keep down the cost. One of my daughters went down this route and she looked a picture on the day.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:10 PM

right ime only going to say it once ....yes ...to your qs
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:10 PM

Art - If it means something to you then keep it. If not I suppose you could give it to charity.
Shame to bin it unless it's dingy and moth eaten...

I got married in a Registry office wearing a cream suit from C&A. No I haven't still got it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:13 PM

Vintage clothing is fetching a good price at the moment!
I would put it on eBay with a reserve.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If it's serviceable enough you could always give/sell it to a bridal agency who could either sell it or rent it out on your behalf for a small fee. With wedding dresses being so expensive, an agency is one way for a new bride to keep down the cost. One of my daughters went down this route and she looked a picture on the day.
Judd, It's not that brilliant! All the white sequin things on it have gone yellowish. I think it would be more suitable cut up for dusters!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:14 PM

My ex-wife still has hers.
I don't know why, maybe to remind her what a great guy she married....or not.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Art - If it means something to you then keep it. If not I suppose you could give it to charity.
Shame to bin it unless it's dingy and moth eaten...

I got married in a Registry office wearing a cream suit from C&A. No I haven't still got it.
Carol, you could always re-take your vows and borrow my dress!! The veil is lovely!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Judd, It's not that brilliant! All the white sequin things on it have gone yellowish. I think it would be more suitable cut up for dusters!!
Or keep it for November 5th?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

26-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
My ex-wife still has hers.
I don't know why, maybe to remind her what a great guy she married....or not.
Either that or it's the only dress she's got.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top