Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:26 PM

Funeral horse killed by car

This is the saddest thing what a terrible day for the the already grieving family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-coffin.html
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:40 PM

Re: Funeral horse killed by car

That is just so terrible, I do hope the motorist gets a jail sentence.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:49 PM

I just wish I hadn't opened that link. It reminded me of the bomb that killed those horses in London all those years ago & I have seen a horse die & it was terrible, that brought that back as well.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Well at least no human was killed.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
That is just so terrible, I do hope the motorist gets a jail sentence.
No doubt caused by impatience hurrying to get passed the cortège because obviously the driver's journey is more important. [/sarcasm]

Can't see the driver being jailed but he/she certainly needs banning for a long period.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:01 PM

What occurred to me was that there are many people out there who, presumably, have passed their driving test yet are incapable of driving sensibly or, worse, couldn't give a toss.

My late father-in-law used to say that there is no such thing as a road accident. Everything one way or another, he maintained, can be attributed to human activity from arrogant or careless driving to failure to maintain one's vehicle.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:02 PM

So many drivers today should not be on the road - thoughtless selfish beings
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No doubt caused by impatience hurrying to get passed the cortège because obviously the driver's journey is more important. [/sarcasm]

Can't see the driver being jailed but he/she certainly needs banning for a long period.
You are probably right Judd, but hope springs eternal, it does for me .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What occurred to me was that there are many people out there who, presumably, have passed their driving test yet are incapable of driving sensibly or, worse, couldn't give a toss.

My late father-in-law used to say that there is no such thing as a road accident. Everything one way or another, he maintained, can be attributed to human activity from arrogant or careless driving to failure to maintain one's vehicle.
Hi

Many agree, they used to be recorded as RTAs, accidents.

They are now recorded as RTCs, collisions.

Some, a very few, are genuine accidents.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:38 PM

Awful and such a beautiful horse.

What do people learn in driving schools nowadays ? I was taught to take great care around horses and horse drawn vehicles and Im not that old..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top