Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:53 AM

Wish I Could See The Flying Scotsman Today!

The Flying Scotsman train is running from Kings Cross station in London today, to York. It has just had a 4 million pound re-fit.
I'm not an anorak but I would have loved to have seen it. Such nostalgia!
Will any of you be lucky to see it?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Re: Wish I Could See The Flying Scotsman Today!

The Flying Scotsman was running in full steam in Bury, Lancashire a few weeks ago and I went to see it ... a fantastic sight
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
The Flying Scotsman was running in full steam in Bury, Lancashire a few weeks ago and I went to see it ... a fantastic sight
I envy you! Myrtle. Did you take any pics?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:05 PM

I think I've put one in my album on my profile page ... if not I will do
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:15 PM

A fantastic engine, definitely more character and class than modern diesel/electric trains. Its non-stop run to York was interrupted by crowds gathering on the rails so had to stop until transport police had them cleared.

More info from the Beeb this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-35653416
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:49 PM

My eldest grandson (14) is train mad, he belongs to a train forum and spends several days a month travelling on trains just for the thrill of them! If he comes to visit us he goes all round the universe first, in order to get here by train! One doesn't require a railway timetable with him around he seems to know most of them off by heart. The fact he has Asperger's syndrome has probably fuelled this obsession with trains.

I am sure he will make a point of seeing the Flying Scotsman at some point if he hasn't already. His father is an electronics engineer working on the railways so they have the inside track, so to speak!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 01:05 PM

I didn`t go to see it but already have several photos from a friend who did. The main line runs a mile or so from my old village.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 03:35 PM

I saw it in the late 1960s when it passed through Retford in Nottinghamshire where we lived at the time.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 04:23 PM

yes it came thro my county this morning had the radio on - and the dj was so excited and had the sound recorded to hear what it sounds like ... reminds me of younger times ...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 04:26 PM

Ah what a memorable train, I'd love to see it running.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top