Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 10:27 AM

The Shadow Knows..

In the introduction to the 1937 radio show it said, That the Shadow knew the evil that lurked in the hearts of men. Apparently by this statement, we are all born with a darkside. We are not born pure. Babies having no experience of the outside world seem to reflect early on this negative over the positive stage in their growth.

Is this darkside that we all carry, at a lesser or higher degree like a cancer, a disease that is passed on by one generation to the next ? What then, is this evil that lurks in the hearts of men ? The Shadow knows...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-25-04-30-24-1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	396  
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Re: The Shadow Knows..

OK I admit it, I always have a biscuit with my mid-morning mug of coffee.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:34 AM

Roo I think we know that, alas few will admit it. War proves it.

WW2...2 million women raped by Russian troops, 1.8 million by USA troops (denied) ?????? by British Troops and worse millions raped and killed by the troops of Japan.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:36 AM

I understand that darkside, Alan. My weakness is beer and wine, I guess in life there are two sides to every story. The good and the bad. Maybe life would be way too boring if we were all good and just perfect And then, not having a bad side, we would not make mistakes, thus we would not learn from life
eyes_of_a_painter
n

25-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->

WW2...2 million women raped by Russian troops, 1.8 million by USA troops (denied) ?????? by British Troops and worse millions raped and killed by the troops of Japan.

Good point, there, Mike. I would say the evil that lurks in men's heart is his Ego, his thirst for power. Sort of like Trump. We better vote the guy out or else we are in deep shit
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:43 AM

I went out for a drink by myself to our local pub. Nervous about going by myself I had a couple of gin and tonics . At the end of the evening having had a few more drinks I sat on the wall outside looking at the full moon . I looked down and noticed my shadow was swaying and moving it took a few minutes to realise I was drunk and my shadow was more drunk than me ! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would have thought I was sober ......now when on a night out I keep an eye on my shadow cause it knows before I do !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->

I suppose if you're on the battlefront you're more inclined to give way to your basic instincts as you think you might be dead before the day's over.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:52 AM

susan i will have to follow your example.😀
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I suppose if you're on the battlefront you're more inclined to give way to your basic instincts as you think you might be dead before the day's over.
No Alan, people do it as they know they will get away with it, it happens in all facets of life from the top down.
Recent examples Saville and Rochdale.

So if I was 35 years of age and told I could rob a robbing bank and walk away free forever with 50 million , I would have been in there like a shot.

I remember once filling my car up for jut £1.20 on the pump dial, did I say anything when paying. Then I can also remember putting in 8 gallons and zero petrol went in, did I say anything
eyes_of_a_painter
n

25-02-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I went out for a drink by myself to our local pub. Nervous about going by myself I had a couple of gin and tonics . At the end of the evening having had a few more drinks I sat on the wall outside looking at the full moon . I looked down and noticed my shadow was swaying and moving it took a few minutes to realise I was drunk and my shadow was more drunk than me ! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would have thought I was sober ......now when on a night out I keep an eye on my shadow cause it knows before I do !
Very good point there, Susan. We sometimes don't recognize our faults so we look to others to admire their weaknesses. This happens a lot in social gatherings. People gather to gossip about how others interact or how they are dressed. Its a sign of ones own weakness. To see that others have faults makes us feel stronger despite our own frailties

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top