Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 11:55 PM

Class Reunions

Would you or have you ever been to a school class reunion?

Personally id rather have all my eyelashes plucked out one by one than have to endure this.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:10 AM

Re: Class Reunions

Yes I've been to one and yes I'd go to another.
It's a night out - food - drink - dancing - old friends - a laugh.

What's not to like Aysa?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:13 AM

No, not for me Aysa. I wouldn't have a clue who was who now, it's too long ago, and I didn't particularly like my school days anyway.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:16 AM

Sorry Carol but I can think of not a lot worse than having to make chit chat with people from yrs ago many of whom I couldnt give a fig about or care..No thanks!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:18 AM

I've never been to a school reunion either, nor would I want to. I'd have difficulty even remembering their names let alone recognising them
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

25-02-2016, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, not for me Aysa. I wouldn't have a clue who was who now, it's too long ago, and I didn't particularly like my school days anyway.
I can understand that too ...I see a few of my old classmates around town but thats all they are ...the only thing we have in common is we went to the same school.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I can understand that too ...I see a few of my old classmates around town but thats all they are ...the only thing we have in common is we went to the same school.

That's how I feel too. I doubt I'd have a clue who anyone was now.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:35 AM

I went to one when I was about 25. I only went because I knew a certain deputy headmaster would be there.

I'd literally returned from an overseas posting that morning so drive home and went to the reunion in my uniform. Reason being this Deputy had written in my references that I lacked the discipline to join or be of any success in the armed forces.

The look on his face was worth every gruelling minute of my 36 weeks basic training......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-02-2016, 12:36 AM

Good for you. I hope he had to eat his words.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I went to one when I was about 25. I only went because I knew a certain deputy headmaster would be there.

I'd literally returned from an overseas posting that morning so drive home and went to the reunion in my uniform. Reason being this Deputy had written in my references that I lacked the discipline to join or be of any success in the armed forces.

The look on his face was worth every gruelling minute of my 36 weeks basic training......

I like it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top