Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:21 AM

dog chatters..........!

strange how we all get chatty to strangers when out on dog walks ,if we didn't have a dog on a lead we would walk straight pass , so what iam saying is -- does walking a dog make us more friendly and chatty -like we belong to a dog club ...tried taking my cats out but it just dont work
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:30 AM

Re: dog chatters..........!

I haven't got a dog Maddy but I find when I'm on a country ramble other people you meet always smile & say hello - sometimes stop & chat.

Pass them on the street and they ignore you....
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Yes. It's like a club but at times even more so.
In the past we would meet up at about the same time in the mornings before going to work. We would discuss our problems and happy events.
The early morning walk for me now is just around the sports field at the rear of my home. It does not have public access as it has locked gates. But I have my own gate to it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
strange how we all get chatty to strangers when out on dog walks ,if we didn't have a dog on a lead we would walk straight pass , so what iam saying is -- does walking a dog make us more friendly and chatty -like we belong to a dog club ...tried taking my cats out but it just dont work
That is so Maddy particularly if you are walking a puppy
My DIL has a new Cocker Spaniel puppy and can't get more than a few yards without someone stopping her

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 12:47 PM

We don't have a dog, but when we are out for a walk I will always smile and say hello.

We were walking round the river in Stratford Upon Avon the other week, we were taking photos and someone with a dog stopped to chat to us, always nice.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:17 PM

Gorgeous dog Meg no wonder people stop and chat
I see other dog walkers sometimes and we usually say a few words but I cant stop as Poppy is not a social animal and doesnt like any other dogs.
We get now so we say our "Hi's and how are you's" from a safe distance lol
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:17 PM

so lovely ---want one ....smooth and all puppyfied '''' awwwww
Maddy
somewwhere.....

24-02-2016, 02:19 PM

i used to won a very large old english sheep dog name of kimbo 'he turned out to be a champion -won lots of cups 'i used to put hes hair up on hes heads in a ribbon lol so he could see ,he was just beautiful ....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:42 PM

I've had Old English Sheepies all my life Maddy, I just adore the breed, did you know they were now on the endangered list. This is some of my Clan.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Familys.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	386  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I've had Old English Sheepies all my life Maddy, I just adore the breed, did you know they were now on the endangered list. This is some of my Clan.
Lovely dogs Roxy, how many pups were there in that pic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top