Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Gunman loose in Cumbra!

Hope this character is caught soon before he shoots more people. It was on the 1 pm news on BBC just now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...shot-dead.html
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 03:23 PM

Re: Gunman loose in Cumbra!

Hope they catch him soon - still on the run isn't he?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 03:42 PM

It's awful isn't it

According to reports at least four people have been killed and several injured.

A body, believed to be that of the suspect, has been found in the Boot area of the Lake District.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10214661.stm
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 05:49 PM

There are 12 people dead plus Derick Bird who killed himself and 25 injured.

It is a real tragedy following on from last week when two kids died in a coach crash.
My thoughts and prayers are with thse who died and their relatives.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 08:19 PM

I heard that on BBC Scotland radio at 5 pm that there were 12 dead, 25 injured and he took the cowards way out and shot himself!

My thoughts and condollences to the families of those who died and hope the others will make a good recovery!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 09:14 PM

Appalling tragedy. Got a text message from one of the nurses at the vets telling me that the cousin of the vet who looks after Hatti had been shot down in the street.

My sympathy to her and family, and all the other families who have been affected by this horrendous act.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 08:20 AM

12 dead and 9 in hospital, 3 serious life threatening injuries, and another 16 with minor injuries.
What makes a person lose it so badly?
The talk is about a family falling out over that dreaded evil 'MONEY'.
The people who have been touched with this tragedy will be in our thoughts and prayers all day.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 08:46 AM

OMG what is the world coming to. I hope this is investigated very thoroughly how he got the gun etc.I'm sure it will be . How tragic, my thoughts and prayers go out to friends and families of those killed in this mindless act. So very sad.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 10:11 AM

It's just awful. He must have been out of his mind, it seems it was totally out of character. How can the authorities know who is safe to own a gun and who isn't?

It was reported on the news that DB legally owned the guns and belonged to a gun club.

There were problems at work too, taxi's waiting for a fare for 40 minutes, taxi's just arriving joining the end of the queue and picking someone up straight way. Maybe it was a combination of events.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 02:01 PM

Very sad - and a man killed a woman and her baby yesterday as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top