Join for free
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 08:40 AM

Mid-week Wednesday:)

Everyone.

Heard on the weather forecast that there is a drought in the North of England, yet 6 months ago it was flooded and the tragedy of the policeman who was drowned in it doing his job.

Hope everyone will enjoy Wednesday.

Take care.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 08:47 AM

Re: Mid-week Wednesday:)

Your right Rose. We have a warning out to save water. Thirlmere which supplies Manchester with water is the lowest that I have ever seen it and I have been living and coming to the lake district since Noah was a lad.

It did rain most of the day yesterday but to fill the resevoirs we need several weeks of rain. There must be a leak underground somewhere after all the rain ( 6 months of London rain ) that fell in 24 hours in November.

It is fine and sunny at the moment with a nice cooling breeze.

Have a wonderful day everyone and remember who loves you baby.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Hi all. gorgeous again, already 27 C (81 F) before lunch and brilliant sun; it's so good to finally have nice warm weather! No errands today, just chores (litter box cleaning, putting out rubbish for collection and pottering a bit in the garden) I should do some more pruning, vines getting rampant again but just not quite in the mood.

I hope Jupiter Pluvius will smile on you soon, Nero ...
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 04:50 PM

My garden is a drought zone-yesterday`s rain was nowt but a spit
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 07:32 PM

We had a decent soaking yesterday and today took a while to warm up
It's a nice evening now and set fair for as long as the forecast lasts - hurrah!
Bath was lovely as ever today, and I went to the allotment later, so I can sit in the sun with a clear conscience tomorrow
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 09:28 PM

Evening all-hope you've all had a good day. Walking this morning, bit of gardening this afternoon and then relaxing in the shade with local paper and book......
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 09:41 PM

Lovely day here all day - temperature just about right for me. We took my daughter's two boys and the dog up to Carsington Water and spent most of the day there.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Lovely day here all day - temperature just about right for me. We took my daughter's two boys and the dog up to Carsington Water and spent most of the day there.
When I was in Ashbourne at my brothers recently, I took my Hatti and my brothers dog Sam to Carsington Water. Its a lovely area -parked on Millfield car park and then walked right through to the cottages on the lane. Used to stay in one every year up to recently.

Intended walking right round the lake to the Centre but started to get rather warm for the dogs so strolled back to the car.

Day after went along the Tissington Trail which is also a lovely walk-went in the morning when it was cool and shady. Some lovely walks around Ashbourne-Black Rock, Middleton Top, but my favourite one of all is Dimmingsdale, where the Ramblers Retreat is-can sit in the gardens there with the dogs and have a nice cup of tea and scone

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top