Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 02:00 PM

'IF' and 'Because', Are Probably The Most Powerful Words?

'If' and 'Because' are probably the most powerful words in the English Language.
How many times have we said, If only or what if?

Please tell me how either of these words have featured in your life and experiences.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 03:10 PM

Re: 'IF' and 'Because', Are Probably The Most Powerful Words?

IF My Daughter hadn't bought Me a smart phone as a Birthday present a few days ago.I would not be sat here racking My Brains BECAUSE I haven't a bloody clue how it works..One minute I think I've sussed it..the next it's all a mystery again..I'm sure the reason She bought it was BECAUSE She was embarrassed to be seen with Her Mum using a simple wee flip-top Mob'
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 03:19 PM

What if my youngest son had never met that girl from New Zealand 25 years ago. If only i had started paying into a pension scheme fifty years ago. What if i had passed the Police entrance medical 55 years ago. So many If onlys and What ifs.. But am i happy with the way things have gone? Oh yes for sure i am.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 03:41 PM

What if I had never married my OH, because if I hadn't I would not have had my lovely Daughter.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 04:01 PM

Another if only from me is.. If only i had looked in on my Mum 24 hours earlier.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 04:11 PM

i think if is the biggest word of all ---

what if i never read arts topic
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 04:25 PM

If I had left work at a different time,
not returned to check the door was locked,
bumped into my husband to be in the gateway when leaving,
I would never have had my son and three beautiful grandchildren
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 06:26 PM

If I had stayed logged on here this afternoon and sat in the Hot Seat, I would not have decided to go into town and buy three jam doughnuts from Greggs. If I had come straight home and not crossed the road to Tesco where I purchased a carton of double cream to put in them... I wouldn't be feeling so sick as I am now after eating two straight off!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top