Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Friends with benefits

Do you think it's possible for friends to achieve this kind of relationship or does it become far too complicated and difficult when emotions are involved?
A friend of mine seems to have found herself in this situation and because both parties are not at a time in their lives where they can commit to a full-on relationship, it really does seem to be working!
It wasn't without its teething problems and it has probably taken a year for it to settle in to the unusual but functional relationship it has become.
Having seen it from an outsider's point of view I don't think it is something I could cope with but I always keep an open mind!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:09 PM

Re: Friends with benefits

Some of the best relationships last because you are not living in each others pockets.

Nothing nicer than going out for dinner ..then afterwards.. completing the evening etc with someone you genuinely care for that you have not seen for a few weeks. Keeps it fresh and non complacent.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Some of the best relationships last because you are not living in each others pockets.

Nothing nicer than going out for dinner ..then afterwards.. completing the evening etc with someone you genuinely care for that you have not seen for a few weeks. Keeps it fresh and non complacent.
I think I've just completely changed my mind!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by rhian ->
i think i've just completely changed my mind!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:19 PM

My husband and I have known each other for 51 years, and married nearly 47 years. I think our relationship has worked because we have always done our own thing, and are not in each other's pockets.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:24 PM

I heard of an older couple who have got married but they live in separate houses. They enjoy this type of arrangement, I think they got married for pension purposes!
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:28 PM

As long as both parties have agreed to the situation then it can indeed be a very fulfilling relationship.
Unfortunately human nature being as it is one or maybe even both may eventually want more than being friends with benefits and that's when hurt can come into it, not just between the couple involved but their partners too.
Once intimacy has been shared though, the previous friendship would never be the same again if one of them wanted to discontinue the intimate side of things.
So if you can be discreet and your needs are not being looked after at home then I say go for it, and I am more than willing to argue my point.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

21-02-2016, 02:32 PM

@ Bb
Some good points well made I thought
But I wasn't talking in terms of it being an extra-marital relationship in my original post!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Rhian......now I know why you sent me a "friend" request.

You little minx.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

21-02-2016, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Rhian......now I know why you sent me a "friend" request.

You little minx.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top