Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Israeli boycott and bullying

Seems some people, particularly in the entertainment industry, are afraid of speaking out against the illegal occupation of Palestine by Israel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a6884971.html

And since the Government has imp[osed a ban on the boycott of Israeli goods and services, this has made matters far worse.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6884951.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 12:56 PM

Re: Israeli boycott and bullying

People always yell anti Semitic when anyone criticies Israel, they are very different things. If enough people stood up against them they would have to eventually change.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Have you been to Israel Julie ?
No of course you haven't .
If you want to support an evil opessive murderous regime that's your choice but don't speak of against the one country in the world that lives with them and still deals with them in a humane civilised way and gets anti Semitic crap like the two articles shown in the OP.

Even the Guardian is beginning to see the so called anti Zionism and Palestinian propaganda machine for what it is
Anti semitism

Another reason why Corbyn will never get my vote and that of many others.
The left who of all people should support the democratic values of Israel show itself up in the hypocritical double standards it's sets for Israel whilst ignoring the murderous intent and the tyrannical regime of Hamas who govern the so called ' occupied territories ' which are not occupied by one single Isareli .
If the ignorant think it's ok to use Nazi terminology it's just shows themselves for what they are blantant anti Semites .
Unfortunately the left has embraced this with all the fervour of the stupid without a cause .
Even the Guardian has began to realise its lost it way.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-racism-israel
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
People always yell anti Semitic when anyone criticies Israel, they are very different things. If enough people stood up against them they would have to eventually change.

No they don't they yell anti Semitic when blatant double standards are applied to Israel because it is anti semitism .
Why should anyone sane want to stand against a fair democratic country defending itself against the forces of hatred and murder ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Yes, I thought this would generate the ZIONIST apologists. But judaism is not zionist, and zionist is not judaism!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:24 PM

You lose all credibility when you introduce anti to a conversation, I could discuss Israel and Palestine with someone and enjoy the exchange but once you attempt at to derail or have a thread removed, nope that's not on.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2016, 01:24 PM

In response to post no 5

And I fully expected my intelligent rebuttal to generate an ignorant uninformed one liner.

I doubt you even read that article from the Guardian ( your own liberal left publication do you ?)

You faceless sound bite clearly showed that

I too can quote articles from the Independant
It might help is you actually read it

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...s-1624827.html
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-02-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And I fully expected my intelligent rebuttal to generate an ignorant uninformed one liner.

I doubt you even read that article from the Guardian ( your own liberal left publication do you ?)

You faceless sound bite clearly showed that

I too can quote articles from the Independant
It might help is you actually read it

I did read both articles!!!

I don't think you can get much clearer statement than this:

Waters likened Israeli treatment of Palestinians to apartheid South Africa. “The way apartheid South Africa treated its black population, pretending they had some kind of autonomy, was a lie,” he said.

“Just as it is a lie now that there is any possibility under the current status quo of Palestinians achieving self-determination and achieving, at least, a rule of law where they can live and raise their children and start their own industries. This is an ancient, brilliant, artistic and very humane civilisation that is being destroyed in front of our eyes.”

Could it be that the Government has taken this stance because a foreign officer minister is about to visit Israel and unless he does make such a statement he will put at risk his 'freebies'???

Cabinet Office minister Matthew Hancock said: “We need to challenge and prevent these divisive town hall boycotts. The new guidance on procurement combined with changes we are making to how pension pots can be invested will help prevent damaging and counter-productive local foreign policies undermining our national security.”
Read more
Government defends ban on boycotting Israel

The announcement came on the eve of Mr Hancock’s visit to Israel this week where he met Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who praised the UK for “standing up to discrimination”.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2016, 01:32 PM

I wasn't talking about your article I was talking about the links I post .

You don't read them you don't dicuss salient points
You just come up with sound bites
And someone else's second hand opinions

Ask any South African who lived through apartheid and has been to Israel he will soon tell you the difference .

Where there is apartheid is in the Palestintinian state of Gaza it's totally Judenfree.

But you never mention the word Hamas and Gaza do you ?
Their brutal murderous regime is hardly likely to raise intelligent children is it ?

Explain to me why Palestinians especially gay ones do all they can to get into Israel instead of their own Palestinian paradise ?

You who are against the death penalty support the rights of a people who commit human rights atrocities on a daily basis ?

Just because the left has t got a cause it doesn't mean it has to embrace a stupid illogical one .

Demonising a country that has the same liberal values the left allegedly supports just makes it look even more pathetic and reactionary
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:46 PM

This is an area i know nothing about, it seems to stir up feelings from both sides that makes it hard to ever think that a solution will be found that makes both sides happy.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top