Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:25 PM

What's the silliest thing you have ever done!

Looking at Solo's thread on that drop dead gorgeous grand-dad reminded me of when I was a shallow young girl who first and foremost went for looks !!

I remember one boy who was at boarding school here in our town when I was about 15 years old. . He was the best looking boy my friends and I had ever seen, drop dead gorgeous, blonde hair, lovely teeth, lovely smile and oh so trendy when he wasn't in school uniform. He was from Manchester.

Imagine my excitement when he asked me to go to the cinema with him one Saturday night!! We arranged to meet outside at 7 pm and of course I was there about 10 to 7 but hiding around a corner as I didn't want to look too keen or look a wally if he stood me up!

Well, I needn't have worried because along he came, I took one look at what he was wearing..... smart jumper, jacket, but what's that? TURN UPS ON HIS TROUSERS!
Oh no, thought I, no way would I be seen with someone wearing turn ups on their trousers. Me being so trendy, my friends would laugh their heads off at such a dork!
so I turned round and ran back home !!

How the hell was I to know as a country bumkin that he, being from Manchester, would be at the forefront of fashion and way ahead of the locals here and that turn up trousers were all the rage in the cities.!!
Within a week, every boy in town was wearing turn up trousers !!

Aargh! He never asked me out again and boy did I deserve it...

Have you ever done anything silly?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Re: What's the silliest thing you have ever done!

.Oh the teenage angst of first loves and the daft things you did at the time.

Fell big time for a lad not unlike the gorgeous Grandad (hence why he's up on here) and after much positioning myself here, there and everywhere to get noticed as you do, he eventualy asked me out for a Sivoris Knickerbocker Glory.

We chatted and got along famously and with all eyes on us, I was in the proverbially teenage heaven.

We arranged to meet with friends at an outdoor swimming Lido and the days dragged till we would be together again. The day arrived and I changed into my little bikini and he came out....as weedy chested as a rake..and love withered instantly.

Don't ask me why because I could never explain why a chest on a lad was so important at that time
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:58 PM

A few years ago, l arranged to meet someone through a dating site. I had spoken to him on the telephone and he seemed ok. I arranged to meet him at a nice olde worlde pub locally. He arrived wearing a long, nearly down to his feet, multi coloured scarf like Dr Who! That wasn't so bad, it was when he started to talk, he was so big headed talking about all the famous women he had been out with and how great he was!
He was really starting to get on my nerves, so when he went to the toilet, I thought I'd give him fright in thinking I had cleared off. The small room we were in was empty, so I slid off the low settee and crawled underneath the long low table and hid. How I got under there I don't know as I was curled up like a baby in the womb!
He came back and I could see the shock on his face to find I wasn't there! I was getting uncomfortable so I called to him to say I was under the table! He couldn't believe it and was more impressed at how I was able to get under it!!
We didn't arrange to meet again!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:21 PM

Stick a knitting needle in a plug socket.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Stick a knitting needle in a plug socket.
I stuck a piece of metal in the back of an electric fire

It went BANG !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:27 PM

I have done many crazy things in my time, many could have killed me. I suppose the most stupid was when I was 10. I was messing around in one of our attics, which hadn't been emptied for about 100 years, and an activity I was strictly forbidden to do. I discovered a small, green pineapple shaped object, took it outside and kicked it around like a football! I got the thrashing of my life when my parents discovered what I was doing! It was a live grenade left over from the German occupation of our home during WW2.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:06 PM

i was about 6 or 7 years old -playing like girls do' had mums beads
but so tiny little silvery things -i broke the string and put one up my nostril and sniffed -god knows why i did that 'so off to hospital i was taken bead in nostril and terrified -cryin all the way wouldnt let doc see to me 'when i saw the long tweezers come out ...but it come down eventually -never forgot it !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
i was about 6 or 7 years old -playing like girls do' had mums beads
but so tiny little silvery things -i broke the string and put one up my nostril and sniffed -god knows why i did that 'so off to hospital i was taken bead in nostril and terrified -cryin all the way wouldnt let doc see to me 'when i saw the long tweezers come out ...but it come down eventually -never forgot it !
That reminded me of an incident when I was two. I shoved a bead up my nose, and it had to be taken out at the St John's ambulance station, which was used for emergencies in my home island in those days. I wouldn't have dared cried, I was in enough bother as it was!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
:-

Well, I needn't have worried because along he came, I took one look at what he was wearing..... smart jumper, jacket, but what's that? TURN UPS ON HIS TROUSERS!
Oh no, thought I, no way would I be seen with someone wearing turn ups on their trousers. Me being so trendy, my friends would laugh their heads off at such a dork!
so I turned round and ran back home !!
?

Maybe the poor lad will read this and, after all these years, finally discover the reason you stood him up.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Maybe the poor lad will read this and, after all these years, finally discover the reason you stood him up.
There are some funny stories on here.

Mups, It would be nice, I tried desperately to make it up to him by catching his eye again or trying to get him alone to lie through my teeth with some excuse, but alas, no, I blew it! he never looked in my direction again and one day he was just no longer around. Some lucky girl no doubt bagged him.

if you are reading this gorgeous man, I'm sorry !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top