Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:47 AM

Keeping Your Surname.

A question for the divorced ladies-did you revert to your maiden name after your divorce?I've kept my married surname so I've got the same surname as my sons.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Re: Keeping Your Surname.

Noooooo! My maiden name wasn't as nice so I stuck with my second wasband's.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:05 PM

My maiden name is hard to pronounce for some people,I use my last marriages surname but my eldest son uses my maiden surname and my youngest son has a totally different surname from my second marriage. So all three of us have different surnames in the house
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:15 PM

My maiden name with my christian name was a mouthful! I was always having to spell both names and people still got it wrong!
Even though I am divorced, I still use my married surname. I wouldn't go back to my single surname as I wouldnt want to go through the rigmarole of changing it!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My maiden name with my christian name was a mouthful! I was always having to spell both names and people still got it wrong!
Even though I am divorced, I still use my married surname. I wouldn't go back to my single surname as I wouldnt want to go through the rigmarole of changing it!

I agree Art! I did the same because a name is just a bunch of letters to enable people to distinguish you from somebody else. I have never understood emotional attachments to names.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:47 PM

When I married I wish I had combined my French maiden name with my married name. We gave each of our daughters my maiden name as one of their three names. Our youngest daughter has combined it with her Welsh married name, which is a bit of a mouthful!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:52 PM

I kept my surname after i was freed after imprisonment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:57 PM

I had rather a traumatic divorce in 2002, it was an incredibly tough time, so when it was finally over, I didn't want to keep that married name as a permanent reminder. Might sound silly to some, but I felt it just had to go and I could look forward again.
I changed the name quite simply and quickly by deed poll with a solicitor signing it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I kept my surname after i was freed after imprisonment.

You won't be free for long, not once we track you down. . .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You won't be free for long, not once we track you down. . .
Mups, I forgot to mention that I have a friendly crow, called Christopher. His children have white marks on them, which indicates a connection to the magpie species, and they have volunteered to help us search the caves for your engagement ring. Not long till you get that new name

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top