Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:59 AM

Are you left handed?

I write with my left hand but do everything else with my right.

My mother and her brother were punished at school in the 30s for being left handed. My uncle had to use his left hand as polio had crippled his right hand when he was a baby. In the 50s an elderly man saw me writing something with my left hand, and told me my parents should beat me for doing so! >

The reason I am bringing up the topic is that on another forum I couldn't believe my eyes when it was stated some crazy, extremist Christian nutters in the US, think people should regard being left handed as a 'sin' punishable by being sent to hell! YE GODS! >

Has anyone here ever been criticised for being left handed?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:13 AM

Re: Are you left handed?

Something I have in common with you Tarantula. I'm a left hander with writing but everything else I do the right handed way.
My daughter is strange - she writes with her right hand but does everything else the leftie way - for instance she will set her cutlery out with the knife on the left...

I have never been criticised - thank goodness I was born in more enlightened times!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Im left-handed also but do everything else right-handed .
At primary school there was an older girl who would help lay the dinner things and she would force me to eat left handed whereas I wasnt able to,everyday she would punish me for not doing it.
Ive also had various critical comments made as I grew up about my being left-handed (In a negative way) it was seen as something bad.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:22 AM

I am right handed.
I once read that left handed people were more likely to be successful. Many millionaires are left handed!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:42 AM

My hairdresser is left handed and has to pay a lot for her left handed scissors.
My middle grandson writes with his left hand but everything else he's right handed.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Im right handed by OH and DD are left handed.
OH had his left hand tied behind his back so he had to write wiith his righthand as a result his handwriting is awful because he always found it a struggle and it never came naturally.

On one hand I find it hard to believe that in the 21st century people still believe this God and Devil rubbish about left handers and on the other I suppose given its religious I shouldnt be.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:10 PM

I am right handed BUT I swing Lefty when Playing Golf or when I played softball,just feel's natural to me.Maybe because my right arm feels better pulling than pushing,I don't know,I have tried both ways but Lefty I have more power in my swing.Plus I can place the ball in Left or Right field or Center field,most right handed batters cannot place the ball in right field.Some will say it's where the baseball make's contact with the bat,which could be true also.I know on the Golf course,if you hit the golf ball on the toe of the club is completely opposite of hitting on the heel,you can get a hook or slice depending on if one is Right handed but opposite if one is Left handed.Wait what were we talking ABOUT
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:17 PM

hhhahaha did hear right handers live longer' omg dont get scared now .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:59 PM

Both my wife and I are right handed yet our son is left handed
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 04:03 PM

Advantages of being Left-Handed

http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/...dvantages.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top