Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 08:57 AM

Sorry if this upsets you.

But which set of lungs would you prefer?

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:51 AM

Re: Sorry if this upsets you.

I've seen similar before AB. I was a smoker 20 years ago, so maybe my lungs would look a mixture of the two photos. A few people in our family died of lung problems. All smokers.

Mind you, neither of those lungs are doing the people they came from any good. The person who had the healthy one must have died of something else, so not damaging the lung with smoke possibly didn't make them live longer.

Edit: Or neither of them may have actually died from lung problems I suppose.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've seen similar before AB. I was a smoker 20 years ago, so maybe my lungs would look a mixture of the two photos. A few people in our family died of lung problems. All smokers.

Mind you, neither of those lungs are doing the people they came from any good. The person who had the healthy one must have died of something else, so not damaging the lung with smoke possibly didn't make them live longer.

Might be 100year old lung compared with a
45 year old lung ??
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:58 AM

Yes ..or see my edit.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 02:16 PM

Not the smokers one!
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 03:26 PM

Too late for me, I've got COPD and my advice to any smoker, give up now, it isn't always lung cancer and then you die, sometimes its a long lingering condition.BTW I gave up 10 years ago but obviously still to late.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Of course you are all right in trying to stop people killing themselves through smoking, and I don't want get into a smoking debate, I simply want to make a comparison.
Some people are eating themselves to death with all kinds of junk food, just look at the obesity problem in the USA, yet nobody takes a very large person, puts them at the top of the classroom and points out: 'This is what you will look like if you don't stop eating junk food'. But the person (like me) who was told when young that smoking was what real men did, and anyone who didn't smoke was a sissy, end up being treated like a social leper, is that fair?.
I will never stop my 30 a day habit, I'm too old for that now, besides I don't want to be healthy when I'm dying.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 07:46 AM

I know just what you're saying, even the doctors told you to smoke if the nerves were bad, it isn't the dying bit its the living death, if we got ill then died okay but its the living or trying to with a condition that could have been avoided. Everyone has to live their own lives, fat, thin etc but to know the facts so you can make choices is good.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Of course you are all right in trying to stop people killing themselves through smoking, and I don't want get into a smoking debate, I simply want to make a comparison.
Some people are eating themselves to death with all kinds of junk food, just look at the obesity problem in the USA, yet nobody takes a very large person, puts them at the top of the classroom and points out: 'This is what you will look like if you don't stop eating junk food'. But the person (like me) who was told when young that smoking was what real men did, and anyone who didn't smoke was a sissy, end up being treated like a social leper, is that fair?.
I will never stop my 30 a day habit, I'm too old for that now, besides I don't want to be healthy when I'm dying.
Jemflux, you start dying from the moment you are born so should'nt we look after our bodies, Smoking, Obesity, Drugs, all help you to die sooner than you should.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2010, 08:49 PM

Possibly the one on the left (though I don't smoke )

Why? I don't want to live to be very old wearing a jumper with boiled egg spilt down the front in a nursing home smelling of pee.

Better to enjoy life and live a little while you can

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top