Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:40 AM

Would you report a crime?

I have absolutely no problem reporting a crime, and would do so even if it was a member of my own family who was the perpetrator!

Many years ago when our eldest adopted son was a young teenager I discovered he had taken some sweets from a shop without paying for them. I dragged him back, made him apologise and pay for them. I also told them I would back them up if they wished to call the police, as I thought it would teach him a lesson. They didn't wish to do so, but I certainly marked his card for him!

On two occasions I have reported flashers, I believe one was locked up as it was his second offence, jolly good.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:42 AM

Re: Would you report a crime?

Of course I would report crime.
Even if it wasn't me suffering from it, some other poor soul is.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:51 AM

It`s far too late now but the other day I was reflecting on some of the `crimes` I saw that moron my father get away with. Failure to listen to a police officer-he turned right despite having been told there was no right turn.

Impersonating a police officer, failure to stop at the scene of an accident,and trying to walk past the security at an airport despite being told that only those with boarding passes could proceed. I didn`t like him much.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:56 AM

Definitely would
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 11:03 AM

The one that really pissed me off was his failure to stop. We were at a T junction about to turn right when the car approaching from the right passed the junction it skidded and went into a ditch. STOP I yell `I`m not stopping`----a few yards later I open my back door and he has to stop. Grief how I was terrified but had to run back-thank goodness nobody was hurt. A couple of days later he was crowing about being the first on the scene.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 11:07 AM

Well, you've turned out OK Older Git in spite of him !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 11:13 AM

Sorry OG but your old man sounds very much like mine a right B*****d.
I once had a neighbour an awful person never worked but always seemed to have cans of Special Brew on the go.
I overheard him bragging one day telling another scumbag that he doesn't pay for booze apparently he use to go to the supermarket with a shoulder bag make sure the coast was clear and stuff cans into the bag then just walk out.
I phoned up the supermarket spoke to the manager described him and the manager thanked me and said he would keep an eye open for him sure enough the following day he tried it again and got caught.
Yes i will always report a crime.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 11:34 AM

Yes I would report a crime. However not very long ago friends of ours in England reported a crime. They had gone for Sunday lunch with their family, returned home to find they had been robbed. The door had been taken off the hinges, the house had been ransacked, TV etc all gone. They live in a cul-de-sac and nobody saw anything, at least thatīs what they said. Our friends called the police and were told "there wonīt be anything we can do, phone your insurance company". Can you believe that? I assure you itīs the truth.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 12:19 PM

I would,stealing from a store cost's everyone,it raise's the prices on other merchandise.After all right is right.beside's I hate a thief.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 12:25 PM

My wife going on and on and on is a crime in itself, but I would not turn her in

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top