Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:02 PM

Why does Matt run a Over50Forum?

Why does Azz run a Over50Forum. Taking into consideration the amount of work and constant aggro running one involves what is the Pay-Back or pleasure.? Sure as heck never seems to make money as regardless of asking if donations are made, no reply is ever given. A bed of roses it is not.
So just asking the question as sure as heck without a BIG payback I would not run one, even if I had the ability.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Re: Why does Matt run a Over50Forum?

Who's Matt?...and does it matter if it makes him and others happy and doesn't hurt anyone?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:15 PM

Who is Matt Mike
If you mean this site is run by Azz.
People collect all sorts of things, Azz collects sites
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Who is Matt Mike
If you mean this site is run by Azz.
People collect all sorts of things, Azz collects sites
Yes Meg sorry. Azz. Matt ran a couple of other forums which he found zero fun and loss making, so closed them.

Agree people collect things but forums are like baby's , always need attention and you can't just shut them in a cupboard and forget about them for weeks.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 03:44 PM

Surely we have no knowledge whether he makes money or not, and why should we, it isn't our business?
Even if he gets no financial reward I am sure he has learned a lot of skills from doing this because dealing with groups of people, with different ideas, is not easy. I am sure he doesn't like everything he reads on here but he is always calm yet deals with difficult situations firmly but fairly. I am not sure how he found Meg and Mags but , together, they make a perfect team.
Maybe we shouldn't be asking why he runs an over 50's forum, but applauding the fact that he does, because it is free and, with all the moaning that goes on, we don't always make it a pleasure for him. If running a forum like this has given him the ability to deal with people, as well as he does, I can think of thousands who would benefit from doing the same thing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Yes Meg sorry. Azz. Matt ran a couple of other forums which he found zero fun and loss making, so closed them.

Agree people collect things but forums are like baby's , always need attention and you can't just shut them in a cupboard and forget about them for weeks.
Azz doesn't do that Mike

( *whispers* Azz is secretly a vampire, haven't you noticed, he is often on here through the night when good folk like us are fast asleep )
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Surely we have no knowledge whether he makes money or not, and why should we, it isn't our business?
Even if he gets no financial reward I am sure he has learned a lot of skills from doing this because dealing with groups of people, with different ideas, is not easy. I am sure he doesn't like everything he reads on here but he is always calm yet deals with difficult situations firmly but fairly. I am not sure how he found Meg and Mags but , together, they make a perfect team.
Maybe we shouldn't be asking why he runs an over 50's forum, but applauding the fact that he does, because it is free and, with all the moaning that goes on, we don't always make it a pleasure for him. If running a forum like this has given him the ability to deal with people, as well as he does, I can think of thousands who would benefit from doing the same thing.
Well said, Twinky.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:25 PM

Tut...the plural of baby is babies.

I dunno....
dukeofearl
south coast uk

18-02-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz doesn't do that Mike

( *whispers* Azz is secretly a vampire, haven't you noticed, he is often on here through the night when good folk like us are fast asleep )
Indeed Meg I have noticed a few people are up half the night on forums and that is another why question I have never asked as the answer could be delicate in nature, note could
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:55 PM

Why does someone run a Forum, because it's there of course.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top